3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Problems with "smart Materials" rust / scratches / dirt

I found that in the latest version 4.9.17 "smart materials" with transparencies such as dirt or scratches if inserted on the same layer of a color / material also overwrite the parts that should be transparent with a neutral color. to have the desired effect I have to create a new layer, but if I do the "merge down" the problem reappears and everything is covered by the neutral color (I attach the screen). Was this not the case in previous versions, was it deliberately changed or is it probably a bug? How is it possible to solve it?
sorry for my bad english

Thanks

Giovanni

problem_Alpha.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Problems with "smart Materials" rust / scratches / dirt
  • 1 month later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Problems with "smart Materials" rust / scratches / dirt
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to Problems with "smart Materials" rust / scratches / dirt

Hi,

I tried in the 4.9.17 with the airbrush tool ... it actually works if it is used with the "radius & Depth" brush even if the result is not as it should be (example: if I use the scrtach it is all smooth and not as seen in the preview with the various well-defined scratches) while if I always use the areofragfo but with the loose brush the problem is present and it is the same as the other filling tools / brush etcc.
As soon as I can I will also try version 4.9.36

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Problems with "smart Materials" rust / scratches / dirt