3DCoat Forums

[Feature] Evenly distribute/align UV islands

Mystical

• Advanced Member

I've come across a situation where I have similar UV islands that I would like to be evenly aligned/distributed on my UV space. Is there a way in 3D Coat is able to do this? For example in an image editing program the equivalent of this would be like aligning several layers to to the right, top, evenly spaced, etc.

• Carlosan changed the title to Evenly distribute/align UV islands

We don't have tools to align, but if you need the same pack islands for overlapping, you can do it using ctrl + c and ctrl + v

Click the island to select the one you want to move and press Ctrl+C

Select the island where you want to overlap it and press Ctrl+V

If they are the same, the first island will move on the last selected and is overlapped

• Advanced Member

Thanks, yeah I knew about the overlapping feature (which is great to have). I had come across a situation where I needed different textures on two separate islands and if the UV's were evenly aligned copying the data from one to the other would be a bit quicker. I'm not sure if an align feature for UV's could come in the future but definitely would be useful for sure.

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] Evenly distribute/align UV islands
  • 3 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but this really would be an awesome feature.
Being able to align of islands would be really great, it would certainly help when working with external editors.

Currently working on a toon whale character and I am putting the eyes on a separate UV.

I've only spent a little bit of time trying to get a semi decent alignment but it would be great to be able to have it perfect.
Aligned, evenly spaced and uniformed rotations. 

Or even with the suggested using ctrl + c and ctrl + v, a way to drag the island along one axis. 

2023-09-27_13-22-36.png