3DCoat Forums

Alphas resolution in surface mode

Hi, 

I want to detail my model with some alpha brushes that I found over the web. I`m not sure about it, but I think that making such details would be best to do in surface mode. I`m using Extrude Clay tool in Live Clay Tools. And I dont understand some things:

- sometimes I can see that this tool is increasing resolution and sometimes it doesnt

- alphas that I found are in quite high resolution ( about 3000px) but when I extrude them they are "pixelated", blurred or jagged. 

How can I force 3Dcoat to always increase resolution and how to to use those alphas as a sharp and crisp images?

Hi, 

Yes, I tried to increase detail. Even to some ridiculous values like 10 and 50. 

On first image I tried to apply alphas on high density voxel object (2m polys). And it wasnt nice. 

On the second I switched to surface. As you can see the small detail is still sharp - so the density of the mesh should be enough. But the alpha brush itself is quite blurred. This alphas are very sharp and has app 3000px size. Is there something wrong that I`m doing?

al1.jpg

al2.jpg