3DCoat Forums

Making a closed spline shape with Sphere tool

Simplestroke

Hello,

I am a concept artist and a fairly new 3D Coat user and have been messing with the program for the past month or so. First off thanks a ton for creating such an amazing program. It really feels like I am sketching in 3D and is greatly benefiting the way I work.
I started off with 4.7 but quickly moved on to 4.9 after its release, for it had some amazing curve functions which greatly improved speed for concept design.

My query was regarding the new beta tools. Initially while using the sphere tool with a closed spline I could make a closedshape within the spline, however with the new beta tools activated the closed spline only creates a stroke along the curve. I hope the attached image clarifies it further.

Image A is what happens when I enable the Curves Editor.
Image B is how it usually happens.

Let me know your thoughts
Thank you

3d Coat Query.jpg

Hey @Carlosan Thanks for getting back on the topic.

Yes, I am aware that I get the results when I go back and turn the advance settings off.

I was wondering if there is a way to keep them on but still get the desired result. Either result is useful ,depending on the situation, and I was wondering if there is any easier way to choose as to what 3DCoat does with its curve tools.

Thanks!