3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Transform Tool for Paint

DustyShinigami

• Advanced Member

Hi

This is a long-shot, but is it possible to use a transform tool to move, rotate and scale something that’s been painted like you can in Photoshop? I have some eyes painted on a character that are too big, but instead of completely erasing them and starting over, it’d be great if I could just scale them down.

thanks

• Advanced Member

i had a go on the tool which i have not tried before.

1) transform/copy tool

2) box select the image on the layer in which the image resides.

3) go to a new empty layer and move the image to another 3d location.

4) press "enter".

However, there seems have image degradation from the original.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Ahhh... Okay, I've got it now. Thanks. For some reason when I tried it earlier, selecting the part I wanted, even when on the right layer, the paint didn't go dark to indicate it had copied it.

Sadly, with my model and the resolution of the texture/paint being low, like you say - there is degradation with its quality. Shame.

Edited by DustyShinigami

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

I hope to know way to remove old selected image (which I seems cut off for another scene layer).

I can not remove the old image,, untill I import new image.... (but now I hope to cut out new image from current layer,, but this tool keep to show imported image always and can not find way to reset it.  (it seems remain even though I open new file)

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed

Transform/Copy Tool. Import or grab image using rectangle. Move it using LMB. Scale using corner green points, use SHIFT to keep it uniform. Rotate with LMB outside the bound box. Press ENTER to apply. ESC to delete the image and copy a new one.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Transform Tool for Paint
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Fixed

Transform/Copy Tool. Import or grab image using rectangle. Move it using LMB. Scale using corner green points, use SHIFT to keep it uniform. Rotate with LMB outside the bound box. Press ENTER to apply. ESC to delete the image and copy a new one.

Thanks 3d coat teams ^^ (and I apologize did not read manual more carefully) :blush: