3DCoat Forums
lambertj21

SLOW move tool and smoothing.

System: ryzen5, 32gb ram, geforce 1660 super 6gb

Reproduce: ~2million tris in either vox or surface mode.  Any size of move tool has a pause; making for slow move tool based approaches.  Larger sized smooth brush is basically unusable while small brush size is perfect.

Desired state: A performing move tool would be great.  Anything I'm doing wrong?  I have cuda turned on.

Comparison: Blender sculpt mode on the same machine with 8million tris has a perfectly smooth, non hesitating move tool and the smooth tool can be quite large with little to no delay.

(Is this the best thread for reporting bugs/questions?)

Hello

Are you using latest version ?

You can add your request on Beta thread

or

Send any support-related questions at

support@3dcoat.com

Thx

I have the exact same spec and the same problem. I got away with such issues by making my models very small(less demanding) which is another cause for concern in 3d coat as well.

@lambertj21 Sorry, cant find any restriction. Try again please.

@Carlosan, I'm sorry to bother but I definitely can't post to the beta channel or any of the threads.  I can't start a new topic or add a comments.  Could this be because I"m new to the forums?  I'm not finding instructions or a guide to the forums here.

You do not bother me, I thank you for letting me know to find a solution. Try again please

Thank you Carlosan, I'm in.

This topic has been added to the beta testing thread in case anyone is following.

Edited by lambertj21
Added another comment.
  • Like 1