3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Problem merge layers whit smart materials scratch

giobianco

Hi, in version 4.9.34 ... if I combine two levels where the upper one has a "smart material" like dust / scratch or similar ... the result is different from having separated them, in fact strange defects are created (I attach the screen) I had already encountered a similar problem in version 4.9.17 , they said it was solved, but it is still present.
sorry for bad english
thanks Giovanni

wrong layer01.jpg

wrong layer.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to Problem merge layers whit smart materials scratch

in the 4.5 version it surely worked but it is definitely old ... maybe also on the 4.7 but I don't remember I used it a little .. probably the version before 4.9.17 worked .. since I had encountered the problem with that version ...

Today's screens I sent had the depth channel disabled.
Strange that you cannot reproduce the problem, the action is very simple ... I create a layer with a base color (layer 1), then I create another layer with the "smart material" "scratches_steel" (layer 2). .. keeping the two separate layers everything works ... but as soon as I join the (level 2) of the scratches on the (level 1) underlying the base color ... it creates those artifacts.

thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Problem merge layers whit smart materials scratch