3DCoat Forums

Photoshop Files and Issues

DustyShinigami

• Advanced Member

I'm currently texturing a character, and between the torso and the arms, there's a big ugly seam I want to get rid of. I've tried painting/blending over it in 3DCoat, or gone over it a bit to then carry on back in Photoshop. However, exporting the texture out and loading it in Photoshop just gives me a single image file and I lose all of my layers. What would be ideal is loading up my Photoshop file in Coat with all my layers and then exporting it back into Photoshop with all the layers in tact. Is this possible at all? Because when I tried doing it, I get this weird mess in 3DCoat... :-\

K1y27PDRPn.png

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply. Sadly that hasn't helped. :-\ I've tried Take Interpolated Colour, Take Nearest Opposite Pixel and Naive Padding and then attempted to reimport the texture, but it remains the same. Just to double check... I am going about importing the texture correctly, right...? I'm doing it through Textures > Import > Layers Color.

• Advanced Member

I'm afraid that just loads up Photoshop with a wireframe of all the UV islands, but not my actual texture/PSD file. :-\

As to the version, I'm not 100% sure. We're using the version from uni via a VPN. I think it's 4.9, but I don't know what the final digit(s) are.

Edited by DustyShinigami

• Advanced Member

Sure. I'll upload the Photoshop file as well.

I should say though that one of my tutors recommended for me to fix the seam after all the texturing has been finished and that I should collapse all the layers down. That works for my current problem, but of course it still doesn't allow me to work on textures back and forth between Photoshop and 3DCoat in the future.

orc.mtl

orc.obj

character_diffuse.zip