3DCoat Forums

Exporting vertex painting PBR data to other DCCs ?

Hi, 

I would like to fastly sculpt and paint models and then export them as raw meshes with PBR vertex data to Houdini for rendering.
Is it possible to export the PRB data to vertices? If not is there SDK that makes this possible? It could be as separate obj meshes ect. 

I´m new to Coat and considering of buying it.

Thanks,

- Juhani

Hi, 

Ok I learned that it's possible to copy channels like roughness to color and export in separate meshes! Great! 
However it is very tedious! Is there support for any Python or some more accessible scripting language in Coat to automate this?

[edit] Hmmm.. Looks like its limited to some c++ type of variant? Ugh.. Can anyone help little?

Thanks, 

- Juhani

• Reputable Contributor

This is something I have recently requested from Andrew, myself....exporting of separate Vertex Color maps (Color, Roughness, Metalness). Please send him a request by email (support@3dcoat.com) to add more urgency/priority to this request.

• Carlosan changed the title to Exporting vertex painting PBR data to other DCCs ?