3DCoat Forums

Transfer between soft! 3dcoat > C4D

chris_solo

• Advanced Member

Hello 3dcoat community,
I would like to know the fastest way to be able to export a sculpt from 3dcoat to C4d without doing a retopilogy and also while keeping the default shader that I put on it?

Here's the screenshot that I would like to export and the shader that I would like to keep on with the export.
Is there a fast export function, keeping the details of the sculpt and also the shader on it

On the other hand, the 3dcoat Engine rendering system doesn't work in my software? !! ...
I have set the number of rays that I want, chose the location of the file to render, chose the size, push on "Render"... when I start rendering, the rays scroll continuously and no rendering file is re-performed...

thank you for your help and for reading my message!

Sans-titre-1.jpg

• Advanced Member

Hi Chris, I am pretty sure you will not be able to export the 3dcoat shader because "technical stuff"

Maybe try "smart materials" ( thoug the bump and glossy channels I think do not have an effect ,then export using FBX format. The FBX will contain the colour info then you could adjust the metalness -glossness in c4d...probably

This is how I usually work at the moment, except I take the FBX to Blender.

• Like 1