3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kenmo

Silo app link

I simply love the Blender App Link. However I'm curious if you are considering  one for Nevercenter's Silo3D which is still being updated? Love the simplicity of Silo 3D 2.6 as it kind of reminds me of the very first 3D modeler I used, Wings 3D.

If not. It's no biggy. Just curious.

Cheers

Kenmo

is silo still updated? Excellent, i trust they improved the reliabillity. Kenmo have you tried Nvil?

Hey Kenmo  Old School Wings 3D  i remember it .  I had (Fractal Designer )  Ray Dream Designer 4   and Studio  i remember the Lath tool was so cool. Painter for texturing  .  Back when i use to go to Computer Shows in NJ. buy all your gear and go home and build your cutting edge  486 DX  4meg of ram  with DOS  and a Sound Blaster board with a external Modem   i miss the sounds of it when trying to connect.  I too use Blender i hate the new layout but Relearning it with all the down time now  and watching /learning on  Udemy on Houdini  . i have not looked at Silo 3d yet.

4 hours ago, Scary M said:

is silo still updated? Excellent, i trust they improved the reliabillity. Kenmo have you tried Nvil?

Yes still updated. Ver 2.5.6 was released a month or so ago.

https://nevercenter.com/silo/

As far a Nvil. Yes I've tried it a few times but for some reason I really dislike the interface even though it's quite customizable. If I was to use Nvil, I would go with the Rocket3F route as it's based on Nvil and has an interface I could live with. AND has an app link or bridge to 3DC.

After Wings3D I went to Hexagon3D when DAZ gave it away free along with Daz Studio. I like Hexagon 2.5 very much but it's as unstable as a teenage gal on rot gut whiskey on a ladder triying to skate on a NHL ice rink.

Edited by kenmo