3DCoat Forums

Paint with textures

• Advanced Member

Guys, I cannot figure out how to paint with the textures in latest versions of 3DC. All old tutorials on youtube show old 3DC interface with the Textures window, where all textures could be loaded. I cannot see this window. What is the workflow now? Thanks! 

• Advanced Member

Not quite sure what you are after. But maybe try this, go to the "smart materials" tab  then make a new material by clicking on the cross in one of the folders, a box will appear for all your texture optons ,if you want to paint an image click on the little green ball icon ,you will then be able to load your image.

• Advanced Member

Let say I have 20 different images to paint with. Do I have to create smart material for each of them to start paint? How do I fast switch between them? Could someone point me to video tutorial how this process looks like now? I haven't had such problem in older versions of 3DC.

Edited by Vipera

• Advanced Member
On 4/16/2020 at 3:14 AM, Carlosan said:

Hi

Hope this help

Thanks for the tutorial. This part is clear to me but I have another task. Let say I have a model of the head and I need to apply textures to the head from 10-20 photographs of the human. In previous versions of 3DC I brought each image from Textures folder to viewport, scaled it to the right size and painted with the brush area I needed. Then I took another photograph and did the same. How can I do the same task in new version? I do not need smart material, only color layer.

• Advanced Member

It still works the same way, but everything lives under smart materials now.

Create a folder called photos under smart materials, and start to drag your images in.
Here is a couple I dragged into the default tab as an example.

smartM.jpg

• Like 2