3DCoat Forums

[Bug] About Spacebar shortcut

KHU

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] About Spacebar shortcut
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Ah, was just coming here to post about the same thing. As an aside, I think it would be a good idea to hire an experienced UI designer to get some colour or something added to a lot of these icons, I've been using 3dc for years and even now I still hit the spacebar and spend far too long trying to find the tool I need because everything is just the same grey. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. Quick access semi-solves this to a certain extent by having us select our own most used tools, but ... well, the whole point of this thread is about how that keeps breaking!

Another option is to implement a tool-search-and-access feature, they seem more and more popular these days. Just hit a button on your keyboard and literally type for the thing you want, like "primit.." and "Primitives" will be highlighted, hit enter, good to go.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Falconius said:

Yup.  Another problem is accidentally dragging them off the bar when you are selecting them, there is no way to lock them in there.

yes, I don't use  it because there is no way to lock them.  For mouse user it's fine, for tablet user it's easy to drag them off.