3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Import Megascan doesn't work for me (Mac)

Helge Maus

Hi,

I am on MAC 10.15.4 and I'm using 3d coat 4.9.41.

After downloading a Megascan Zip, 3D-Coat (running) doesn't seem to react on the new zip in my User Downloads folder.
Additionaly, when I go in 3D Coat to File -> Install -> Install Quixel Asset as Smart Matertial and select the zip the Smart Material Editor opens, but only the name is added. All the Settings and textures are not set up.

Does it work for somebody else on Mac?

Thanks,

Helge

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-28 um 11.58.40.png

Thanks for helping!

Yes, it's an original download with Bridge. The maps are in the root, also the json file. I've attached a screenshot.

I have seen, that inside the json, all different maps sizes are listed, but in the zip it's onl 8k.
Maybe 3d coat uses only a pre-defined map size????

Wihich sizes do you read in? File formats?

Kind regards,

Helge

Inside MegaScan Package.png

• Carlosan changed the title to Import Megascan doesn't work for me (Mac)

Hello! I have compared the Quixel import in "3DCoat 4.9.41" under Windows and macOS using Quixel zip-files "Wood_Planks_tbykeacs_4K_surface_ms" and "Concrete_Dirty_sl2qedtp_4K_surface_ms". Material settings dialogs and results of the "Fill" tool look identical (please see the attached screenshots). On startup "3DCoat" under Windows checks folder "Downloads" for new Quixel zip-files (only once). The same function has been implemented under macOS in "3DCoat 4.9.42":
http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.42.dmg
Make sure to uncheck "Safari > Preferences… > General > [   ] Open "safe" files after downloading" to prevent Quixel zip-file extracting after downloading.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Import Megascan doesn't work for me (Mac)

Today I have uploaded "4.9.42A" for macOS which searches and imports Quixel materials from zip-archives and from already extracted folders inside "Downloads":
http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.42A.dmg
Now it is not mandatory to uncheck "Safari > Preferences… > General > [   ] Open "safe" files after downloading".

Downloads_Quixel_Folder.jpg

• 3 weeks later...