3DCoat Forums

Need help with voxel deformation

Hello!
I'm sorry in advance if this is not the right spot for posting this type of problems.

When I'm sculpting in voxels mode, everything is fine, but on each project, after a while, I come back to my object and they have some stripes, distortion or lost so mesh part. 

The first picture shows without the problem. The two others show the problem (you can see the "stripes" and a lot of mesh is gone, exemple in the neck or with the flower).

What is causing this? Am I hitting a shortcut or using a tool I shouldn't (I did not resample)?

And so far the only solution I came across was to import back some meshes and redo the work or just smooth it all, but it is clearly not the best. 

bug2.thumb.jpg.7c7b61e9154d4340c062a338a98488c5.jpgbug3.thumb.jpg.8d5dcc5024c552c5fbb12b604f46e01a.jpgbug.thumb.jpg.6b167096ba021f74607ac229a23ef0e0.jpg

Thanks a lot !

Hello

The parent layer is on Surface mode and was downgrade, children layers are in Voxel mode. 

Try to avoid it. 

--------------------------

Geometry Menu:

- Toggle proxy mode: Toggles on/off proxy mode.
- Restore visible volumes: Will recover the high resolution voxel sculpt previously cached, into voxel surface mode. (This is a redundant feature). Using Toggle proxy mode or the icon for said feature, will achieve the same result).
- Downgrade visible volumes: Caches the current high resolution voxel sculpt. (This is a redundant feature) - using Toggle proxy mode or the icon unit scale.

--------------------------

Note:

Latest version is 4.9.41

Several issues was fixed.

Surface.jpg

Downgrade.jpg