3DCoat Forums

Hi. a relaxed enquiry; average MacBook Pro performance (intelGPU variant) of 3DCoat. [Curiousity for intel GPU performance for osx and bootcamp]

erb

Warm greetings everyone,
I hope this discussion is light, informative, professional and friendly. 
Thank you very much and I appreciate your time here.

• Here's the short of it;
I'm buying a new Macbook pro this spring. I don't want to regret spending too much or too little.  (I primarily use Windows machines with RTX GPUS.)
'And since I can't trial 3DCoat on a new macbook until I have bought the macbook ..well.. you understand; I am seeking information.

// I  have 15 years experience working with 3D for various industries..so feel free to "get technical" with replies.  ;)
..and yes; I am gathering information about all primary tools as so I can make the best decision possible. -> (I prefer not to spend $4k+ on MacBook Pro if I can avoid it..especially because my ROG laptop from 2015 gets better GPU performance than the their AMD5500). I need a newer Mac for certain work so I am trying to find the best middle ground. Thank you for putting up with my bad explanation. ;)

// General info/questions;
• General performance insight.. say 10-20 million polys ? 50mil ? 100 mil ?
• Unwrapping performance
• polygonal modelling performance
• Sculpting performance

• Does 3DCoat for Mac run in a software rendering more ? .. or metal(?!) ? ..etc.. (if this info isn't ideally placed in forum, would you send it to me in email or private message ? thank you. )

I know this is an odd post.  I'm an odd techhead kind of guy.

I tried to edit my post but it is awaiting moderation. 
I just want to add that I'll be purchasing a license of 3DCoat this spring/summer.  I am thinking in regards of the floating license type.
- I have been a lurking admirer for some years now.  My life has relaxed enough where I have time to learn new tools/languages. Thanks.

UPDATE ..I am happy to archive this info for others;

Story;
- I forgot that I had a MacAir 2010 in storage..  I know, it's crazy but I felt I had little choice since the readily avail info about this topic is scarce and I was being impatient. ::wink::
/// Info: MacAir 2010 ; Sierra,  2.13Ghz Core2Duo 4GB Ram, GPU: 320m.

• 10 year old mac Air  vs. 3DCoat

-> Winner: Everyone with a Mac that isn't ancient!
(My MacAir is ancient but still capable of many tasks in 3DC.)
I will make a few videos of 3DCoat running on my new Mac later this year.

@3DCoat Devs -> BRILLIANT STUFF.

THANK YOU.
Signed,
A guy with 17+ years experience in various 3D work and tool development. ..who is not easily impressed. ;)

• Like 2