3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tritochke

[bug] UV UNWRAP crashes 3DCoat almost every time

I'm trying to UVUnwrap freshly retopo-ed model, model height is 5 m and width 2m ( info that might help ). Every time i create any clusters and press UNWRAP to see if there's any irregularities with checkerboard i get instant crash, 3dcoat just dies. My model has around 7000 poly's, no holes and no NGons. I've never seen this issue before in earlier versions of build, so can someone point me in the right direction, perhaps I'm missing something here ? also, if someone has exact issues pls report them here so that we can compare. Thank you

N.

Edited by tritochke

Basically, every time I try to Unwrap any model I get instant crash, i don't understand, what happened to latest build in terms of UV workflow ? 

Hi

Mac or Windows version ?

If you are using OSX version, yes this bug was reported.

Dev team is working on it to solve this issue as soon as possible.

I'm using Win version, latest exp build, or to be more exact : 4.9.44. at first i thought this was a random issue, but then It just started happening all the time, I even installed previous versions , completely deleted prefs and remvoed Coat from my machine and reinstalled and reregistered ..and problem is still here

update on this : 3DCoat still crashes and I am starting to think this is because the scale of model is probably completely off the limits, meaning, model that I am using is probably too large ( it's about 6 m tall and 4 m wide ) , if someone have something similar pls verify that scale is indeed causing this issue . thank you

Testing 4.9.47 do you have the same crash ?

3 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Testing 4.9.47 do you have the same crash ?

Yes, it does still happen on 4.9.97, I 've just tested it 2 min ago. If I try doing Uv's straight in retopo room it gives me instant crash, if I try to do UV's from UV room results are same, no matter how many seams i make If I try to unwrap and see results it happens every single time, no exception.

Unfortunately I cannot, since this model is part of line and I only took it upon myself to finish UV's and retopo in Coat since it's the fastest way, I didn't count on this issue being here

You said it happens with any model right? So if you start a fresh scene, make something random, give it a quick retopo, mark seams and perform an unwrap, you will get a crash?

I just tried that, I had no crash.

Try planar instead of strip.

m.jpg

planar.jpg

1 hour ago, Gary Dave said:

You said it happens with any model right? So if you start a fresh scene, make something random, give it a quick retopo, mark seams and perform an unwrap, you will get a crash?

ecaxtly like that, yea. I'll try to do it without '' strip '' as Carlosan suggested. 

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

I just tried that, I had no crash.

Try planar instead of strip.

m.jpg

planar.jpg

Carlosan, thank you for your suggestion, I think ( not yet sure but will keep testing it till it breaks ) it  solved the problem, it's not so much planer as is going into UV SETTINGS under UV section and Commands group and there I had checked '' Use '' TO STRIP '' wrapping when ever possible '', so, I've unchecked that and I can now unwrap my model as before. many thx man

• Like 1

update : seems my problem is FIXED, thank you all for pitching in :) just a recap, STRIP method is for some reason '' bugged '' and it will crash your 3DCoat, deactivate it in UV settings tab and Unwrap will work as it's suppose to. Thank you once again, all best.

N.

Sign in to follow this