3DCoat Forums

Export to Keyshot with textures without UVs

AndrewG

Hi, 

I have propabally quite dumb question, but I need to try. Is there any way to export model that I made in 3dCoat to Keyshot, but with all the textures, stamps, normals etc, but without retopology process and UVs? I presume thats not possible, but who knows...:)

• Advanced Member

How about FBX format.

This is how I export from 3dcoat to Blender. 

Sculpt and paint in 3dcoat then export the scene in fbx ,open in blender . You need to have a Vertex Colour Node attached to the colour imput on the main shader.

But dont forget this only supports colour not specular or metal or normals( which you dont need anyway cos your exporting the sculpt)

So check if Keyshot supports fbx.

( I think zbrush can go to Keyshot with polypaint,so that is sort of similar...probably some sort of zbrush format.)

• Advanced Member

Oh yeah, there are not any really dumb questions in this biz. I started off  with the cg lark  so many years ago...I cant even remember. Probably Deluxe Paint on an Amiga...

Today I learned about half adozen things I did not know yesterday! Mind you I will have forgotten half of them tomorrow.^_^

• Haha 1