3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Quickly installing multiple OBJ into model tab ?

Jamie Norton

Go to solution Solved by Szaibot,

Hey team, 

I have bought some obj packs from Anton T and others that I want to create different model libraries from. I must be missing something, I can only seem to load one at a time into the 'models' tab, by pressing '+". I have tried dropping a whole folder of .obj files into the Voxstamp / Object folder, which creates a tab in 3DC UI under models, but has nothing in it. 

Would really dig some help on this one, I don't really want to keep having to add each one individually. Running 4.9.37 on Win 10. 

Cheers all

• Advanced Member

I bring the whole model library into Hexagon3D or Silo3D. I then export each model separately to a new folder created under your VoxStamps\Objects folder.

In my case it was  "G:\3DCOAT\3D-CoatV48\VoxStamps\Objects\Antons Kitbash"

It's a bit of work. Perhaps someone has a more efficient & less labor intensive  way then mine.

Thanks @kenmo I appreciate your response, totally trying to avoid doing that, as there has to be a quicker way, I agree that is hugely labour intensive.
 I will reach out in desperation and tag the great @AbnRanger who has helped me many times in the past :):) Actually, I also have to wonder if @AntonTenitsky is on here too? (turns out he is!) Please guys, can someone help me with this? Many thanks 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I agree 100% there has to be a quicker way to do this.

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Quickly installing multiple OBJ into model tab ?
  • Advanced Member

Are you suggesting not to create a subfolder for your models? But instead dump them into the Objects folder? If so, I do not like that idea. I like to organize my Kitbash objs by category - ie: Space ship, Automotive, Mech, Buildings, etc.

• 8 months later...
  • Contributor

Hi!

Assets and Kits should not be put into C:\Program Files. 

Put them into C:\Users\.....\Documents\3D-CoatV49\VoxStamps   I just dropped a folder of Stl's in there. 3D Coat generated the Icons itself. Thats very good!

Altough a button for that inside 3dc would be best.

I just had this question and found this topic (2021), so I thing this is still valid.

• 1 year later...