3DCoat Forums

Vox layers slowly being wiped!?

Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

Version 4.9.37

I've had this come up a few times in the past, though very rarely. But at the moment I have been working on a character for a few weeks, and I'm beginning to notice more and more sculpt layers are just emptying. Earlier today there was about three things missing, and now I've just opened it again and I'm missing bits of the leg, parts of a weapon, some brand new stitching that I had done literally a few hours ago. Just gone, selecting the layers they used to be in just says the triangle count is zero. Some of these are not small pieces either.

This is unbelievably not cool. I'm fortunate enough to have already done my bakes but this should not be happening under any circumstances.

If you are using a beta version -not ready for production- always is better to keep project versioned (v1, v2), and turned on autosave.

Please write to andrewshpagin@gmail.com asking or this issue, hopefully he can found a solution.

• Advanced Member

Hey, yeah I don't use beta's, unless they are pushed to steam automatically? I am on 4.9.37 and I do not opt in to any beta programs for 3dc. So if 4.9.37 is not a stable release, then it should not have been published to steam. I will get in touch with andrew later tonight, I have a lot of work to redo at the moment! 

• Thanks 1