3DCoat Forums

[Solved] *.mclp too big

seker800

hi,

I am trying to import multiple Height Map textures,
Then I found that the speed of the 3d coat became slower when I clicked on Alpha.

After importing my *.tif format height map, it will be converted into *.mclp format by 3d coat.
And I found that the *.mclp format is very large, I guess this is what caused my 3d coat slow down.

I want to know what I need to do to solve this problem.

1.jpg

Hi

I am testing export tif as greyscale, 16bit, 2048x2048 size, compression > none, save layers > disable. File size 8MB

After import it, mclp file size 83MB

No slow down

mclp.jpg

What settings do you use ?

//edit

Testing v2021 4K tif

TestTif.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] *.mclp too big
  • 11 months later...

I don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I am quite curious as to how to get those file sizes down. A 4K tif, jpg, or png image is generating a 600Mb MCLP file. For 100+ brushes, that is quite unacceptable. I actually completely ran out of file storage space on my drive and did not realize it until I did a scan and found those files. A 2K image is making a 160Mb file, which is also still bad. I have to keep all of my brush alphas below 2K to keep some semblance of file space. (I may just need to relocate these brushes to another drive as per some suggestions elsewhere, but these files really should not be that big, and I am trying to figure out why this is even a thing.)image.png.f2266a5ebf1fdbb5cdaf34cf5037bc9a.png

Those files in the attached image are 1K image alphas. Like.. why?

• Carlosan changed the title to *.mclp too big
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] *.mclp too big