3DCoat Forums

Object within object, to one object

dan3d

Hello!
Very new to sculpting as a whole.
How do I go about to make a object with objects in it, one object?

So I imported a object from Maya that has been combined from 2 pieces. When in 3DC, these objects are inside eachother but I want them to be one.
I could bolean them together in Maya... I could also import them separetly and merge with this layer-function...
But when it's in my project like the picture shows, is there a quickfix?

1235.jpg

Hard to tell if this is Voxels or Surface mode but either way if you look at the Sculpt Tree panel you will see all of the objects in the scene. Right-click one and from the menu pick "Merge with (Move to...)" and then choose the other one. If you're using voxels they should just merge together. Surface mode can work fine but occasionally gives a boolean error. In that case it might be essayist to convert it to voxels first.

Thanks for reply, philnolan3d!
This is not an option because they are already on one layer from import, as mentioned in my post.

So what I need is some sort of way to remove 'insides' of one layer..

• Advanced Member

Right click on the object in the sculpt tree, then near the top of the menu is "object-ify" ( maybe should be called seperate ?) This should  make seperate objects. Then that might give you more options to merge them properly.

Edited by stusutcliffe
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Yeah I think its because voxels have some sort of density to them so its like a solid object whilst surface is a mesh . If you would have brought you object in as a voxel it would have combined like philnolan said. But you would need loads of poly/voxels to keep the definition.

Edit , just looked at the piccy, that is a good amount of polys.

Edited by stusutcliffe