3DCoat Forums

[Solved] New to 3DCoat, can't find my rendered PNG. What am I doing wrong ?

nekr0nos

First of all, thanks for reading, I'm new to 3d Coat and so far am delighted to see it has so much powerful tools to offer to my workflow. Right now I sculpted a simple meteorite model (638K Tris), and when I click on render on the render room, a dialogue with file location pops up, i type the name of the file, it does it's thing, but afterwards there is no file in the location. I'm sure its just a newbie mistake, and would really appreciate the community help.

Things I tried so far:

-Launching both "3D Coat" and "3D Coat, Open GL (64 bit).

-Launching as administrator.

-Rendering to a different location and to a different drive and to a different file format (png, tiff). No file is created on destination directory. 

I am running 3D Coat version 4.9.37 bought via Steam on Windows 10 Pro, my specs are as follows:

-Threadripper CPU, 128 GB Ram, Dual Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, 1 TB SSD Drive.

Thanks!

Hi. Hope it help

You choose the file name location and type in a little button on the side:
example.thumb.jpg.a46b53b913c6caf50d3acb6f2ff8d4ac.jpg

You have to remember to change it each time you render as it's really easy to accidentally render over something.

•  
  • Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to New to 3DCoat, can't find my rendered PNG. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks so much for the reply. I think I solved the problem:  Turns out I activated "Render Passes". I manually deactivated that option and now when I hit render after the file dialog, a black screen appears with my model being rendered. File appears correctly on location.

• Haha 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] New to 3DCoat, can't find my rendered PNG. What am I doing wrong ?
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, nekr0nos said:

Thats a great idea, thing is I needed the alpha channel for compositing in an external photo editor, but It's solved now. 

Hi, Just wondering, how do you find the quality of the alpha. I did this a few times a while back but I always found the edges a bit blurry and I never got a clean alpha. I think to get around it I had to make the image twice the size and reduce it later. It was ages ago so probably remembering wrong. But the alphas in Carrara, Daz Studio and Blender were always perfect.