3DCoat Forums

apply UV set doesn't work

gnulinuxkernel

i can't find answer about this issue, my workflow, i was start make uv in UV room (after baking in retopo room), and this new UV's not updated on my retopo object, even 3d coat asking when i switching between the UV and retopo rooms (you want to apply new uv or something like that) nothing changed, so UV room and retopo room work separately and not connected with each other? And what about option Apply Uv-set what this option doing?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Hi

Hope this help

On 12/28/2012 at 1:46 PM, Psmith said:

Retopo Room:

Each time you create new topology, (manually or automatically), you create a new Retopo Group - and each time you bake this topology into the Paint Room, you create new "Paint Objects" with "Surface Materials "in the Paint and Tweak Room - as well as new texture painting layers.

Unless you use the "eye" icon and hide these various groups and layers, you will see them

UV Room:

Even if you have created a new, manual Retopo Group - the UV Room will not display this new, unwrapped Group unless you first Bake the Retopo Group into the Paint Room (Retopo Menu/Bake...)

Turning off Voxels while in the Paint Room is, indeed, necessary - unless you are painting vertex colors - otherwise you will see the Voxel object interfering with your Bake Retopo mesh (which is the one you wish to texture).

Greg Smith

• Like 1