3DCoat Forums
3dmodels445

Polygons not showing up when creating loops and lines with stroke

Can anyone help? 

I used the stroke tool to make loops around the arm and waist, then drew intersecting lines. When I press enter nothing shows up around the arm. When I draw strokes on a flat surface, like the stomach, the polygons show up.

A video and screenshots are below. I'm new to 3Dcoat, so my terminology probably is not perfect.

face5-lg.3b_ - 3D-COAT 4.9.49(DX64) 7_19_2020 12_51_51 PM.png

face5-lg.3b_ - 3D-COAT 4.9.49(DX64) 7_19_2020 12_52_08 PM.png

face5-lg.3b_ - 3D-COAT 4.9.49(DX64) 7_19_2020 12_52_25 PM.png

face5-lg.3b_ - 3D-COAT 4.9.49(DX64) 7_19_2020 12_52_34 PM.png

Hello

I am testing latest version 4.9.54 but cant replicate this issue. Sorry.

Try this tool on another mesh, like any default primitive from sculpt room.

Can you replicate the problem ?

Strokes.jpg

Thank you for the fast response. I tried your idea, and used the male model in the sculpting room and added loop/polygons around the arm in the retopo room and it worked fine. It seems to be only not working on my mesh. I had no problem retopping the head and neck and ears, on my own personal mesh, so I don't know why only the arms are not working. I will keep trying...

Thank you for the fast response. I tried your idea, and used the male model in the sculpting room and added loop/polygons around the arm in the retopo room and it worked fine. It seems to be only not working on my mesh. I had no problem retopping the head and neck and ears, on my own personal mesh, so I don't know why only the arms are not working. I will keep trying...

Found a solution: The loops (orange lines) duplicates when drawn, in my case. I deleted each loop, and a one still remained. Then I pressed enter and the polygons work correctly. Thought I would add this in case any other newbs have this problem.