3DCoat Forums

Interface discussion

polyxo

• Contributor
That is a good idea, but why not take it one step further? Considering we'll have GUI mock up by Shadow and myself and anyone else that wants to design one, why not post a poll and let people vote on which one they like best.

The poll itself should be posted on popular cg site like cgtalk and i'll definitely post in the Modo forum and NewTek forum. I'll need a few more days to do a couple more pages of the mock up.

I like your idea, SonK, and your GUI is enough like C4D to be easy to learn. A feature of C4D's is the tool tip that appears when 'hovering' over a tool (it's name) and by Ctrl-F1, you get it's help file. One minor issue: Using abbreviation where the space available is adequate, should be avoided for the benefit of new users (of which we can expect many).

If there is a customizable UI where each 'set' is undockable or at least sizable, users could easily create their own preferred layout called when they select one of the five operations.

Gad, can this really be all done for a release in May?

• Reputable Contributor
Can we also change the name of 3D Coat to something else ?

A new logo?

I think just using the acronym 3DC is the best way to go. Just like 3ds (Max) is the acronym for 3D Studio..you don't hear too many people saying the full name (3D Studio Max). 3DC is quick and easy...and much more marketable.

I'd be willing to work on a logo...create a mockup and let Andrew decide if he likes it enough to use it, or just stick with what he has.

Off the top of my head, I was thinking of something like:

The letters (2D spot color...no frills) 3DC in large, modern sans serif font, with the subtitle text below it..."SCULPT PAINT RE-TOPOLOGIZE"

Then to the side or somewhere, interacting with the 3DC text, a generic character similar to the following samples (except smooth, rounded features), toting a large paint brush (maybe a smaller sculpting stylus strapped to his hip, like a sword).

See the character in the 2nd and 3rd videos here:

http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/blogs_k...ax_design_2010/

Another example with the same type of characature proportions in the first video:

http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/tutoria...ating_with_cat/

By the way, Andrew, you can see some of my work at my portfolio site:

www.dnash-art.com

• Advanced Member
I planned to make update today... But really was not able... Too much work with pages.

But please look at voxel tool screensot:

nice work, Andrew.

* Are you enabling the ability to 'tear off' any panel (Paint, Sculpt, Retopo, UV, Voxels) and

relocate it where the user desires? (left dock, bottom dock, right dock, floating)

* Are you allowing for the ability to 'tear off' actual tools and place them on a user-palette

similar to a 'shelf' in Maya/XSI? (this palette would keep the same user-chosen tools visible

regardless of which panel or 'room' they were in)

* Will we still be able to be working in the paint 'tab' and open up the UV window to paint and view

our work simultaneously in both 3d view and 2d window? (I ask because from your screenshot

it looks like we'll have Paint and UV panels/tabs/rooms and since you've fixed the UV/Texture

window to be of the same brush ratio, I've found it handy quite often to have both open for

seeing where my strokes line up on my UVs sometimes)

• Advanced Member
I like Shadow's UI since it is so Photoshop-familiar...and that will probably be the one thing that compels prospective buyers to choose 3DC more than anything.

Having said that, I think it could be a powerful selling point if you can supply preset workspace configurations that mimic (as close as possible) other programs.

Having the standard being Shadow's Photoshop style (familiar to all users)...but having one that is laid out similar to Mudbox, one to Modo, and if possible, ZBrush.

Preset configurations (like the Mudbox preset having familiar shortcut key/naviagation commands) would further make 3DC standout from the competition by a wide margin, IMHO. Currently, the others have their own proprietary layouts, with no such concern for easing the transition from another program. Vue Infinite does this with regard to some keystroke/navigation presets for users of Max, Maya, XSI, etc.

Shadow's GUI mimicking Photoshop IMO won't be a saling point for 3DC, unless there are alot of Photoshop user interested in 3D. Though alot of 3D artist do use Photoshop for 2D paint so its does excel at 2D painting, however most of 3DC user do 3D painting you would need a layout that was design for 3D painting, tacking on 3D elements to the Photoshop UI is not the way to go. What really sales a 3D app is does it do what i need, does the GUI look good, do i get the workflow/navigation and not because it looks like Photoshop/Painter.

An example of why tacking on 3D elements to the Photoshop GUI doesnt work, is the layer preview it works on 2D texture but a preview of 3D viewport in the layers doesn't work, since your consistently changing viewing direction same thing with vector mask, works in 2D but not 3D. On the flip side, if i added a 2D Paint tab in my mock up, adding preview in the layers makes sense ;)

Just did a 3DC visual. Also attached are some options that I did a while back.

nice design, i like number 3 and the second front choice!

This thread has been really busy since I last looked! I really like SonK's latest prototype - the 4:3 issue did concern me before but that's gone away and I agree with the way it's going :lol:

One thing that I'd hope people could address now is that old slider toolbar at the top. We currently have: depth, smoothing, colour and spec all handled by the controls on the right - it seems wasteful to have them duplicated at the top, but as a limited subset (I had no idea we had specular opacity until very recently).

IMO (I don't have time to mock this up right now unfortunately) - finishing off the job would be to take the remaining soft-stroke, radius and falloff options and combining them into a similar looking "brush" panel.

Also: *perhaps* roll in the icons from the old "Brush Setting" e-panel popup, and then removing that top toolbar and brush settings icon completely. This would unify a bunch of stuff and maximize the area for docked panels.

EDIT: Also a '2D Paint' tab is something I've been hoping for for a while http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1916

That is a awesome idea! I'm gonna focus on that right now both feature people rarely use/access so moving them somewhere else can be justified . Also gonna focus how to implement render settings,object/scene management(which will address camera setting and how to bring in multiple image reference and apply them) for DP/VS. So check back later tonight.

Again guys what kind of stuff do you want to see in the render settings? About the slider, i think the square block needs some non-sharp corners.

I planned to make update today... But really was not able... Too much work with pages.

I don't know how to put this but, the buttons on the right have poor design. But that's not what i want to bring up right now. I read most of the reply, i'm glad 3DC user are more involved with shaping its future!

Maybe i'm the only 3DC user that feels this way and i understand that GUI coding takes more time then any other aspect of 3D coding. But currently your focusing on new GUI adding docking is a great start but i think you need to re-look at the current GUI and see what's good ,whats bad, what can be removed,what can be added, what can be done better.. .down to the icon design, button design, scene management, render setting,etc. While 3DC is very powerful tool alot of complaints i see from another artist about 3DC was the GUI looks like a toy, that's their first impression of the 3DC so in turn they don't give it a proper test run. First impression are important in reality and especially in a business where your saling a 3D application, and so is ergonomics. My point is you should take this time to totally redo/rethink the GUI and create a new mainstream GUI that will impress people at first glance, so they won't think its a toy potentially increasing sale yet still retaining the uniques of 3DC(green color, accessibility of the blobs).

Here a good analogy about a 3D function and GUI when it comes to sales. Say your driving around town looking to buy a new house, and you see a house that has a bad outward appearance(bad paint job/color,etc) would consider buying that house or the house next to it that has better appearance? Most people would be more interested in the better looking house. A good GUI/appearance does potential increase sale and property value.

I know if you copy mines or Shadow's mock up 100% done to the button style it would take much longer to code GUI and would probably push the release date of 3DC further back, but IHMO a nice GUI is worth it because in the end it will earn you more sales and make working in 3DC so much more enjoyable. Anyway think about it , pray on it.

Whatever you decide, im still going to focus on my GUI mock-up its quite fun really :)

I personally like the layout and feel of SonK's render, and the visual "flair" of Shadow's. As stated numerous times before, 3DCoat is a very powerful tool masked in a very simple, basic interface... Essentially I'm agreeing with SonK's previous post in saying that unfortunately now a days this is a selling point to many professionals; hence the reason that even though ZBrush has a seemingly complicated UI it's very streamlined, functional, and has a sense of professional polish. I truly hope to see any sort of visual flair integrated into 3DCoat regardless of the direction it heads in. Regardless of all this, everyone is doing terrific work in helping out Andrew identify these issues!

• Advanced Member
Shadow's GUI mimicking Photoshop IMO won't be a saling point for 3DC, unless there are alot of Photoshop user interested in 3D. Though alot of 3D artist do use Photoshop for 2D paint so its does excel at 2D painting, however most of 3DC user do 3D painting you would need a layout that was design for 3D painting, tacking on 3D elements to the Photoshop UI is not the way to go. What really sales a 3D app is does it do what i need, does the GUI look good, do i get the workflow/navigation and not because it looks like Photoshop/Painter.

An example of why tacking on 3D elements to the Photoshop GUI doesnt work, is the layer preview it works on 2D texture but a preview of 3D viewport in the layers doesn't work, since your consistently changing viewing direction same thing with vector mask, works in 2D but not 3D. On the flip side, if i added a 2D Paint tab in my mock up, adding preview in the layers makes sense ;)

There are many ps users who would like to do 3D. Matt painters, character illustrators who are featured in cgtalk Expose use zbrush.

And anyway your mock up looks very photoshop with 3dc tools placed in there. Looks different than shadows or andrew but still photoshopy. I dont see any 3D specialization in all the mock ups. They're all basically putting the tools of 3dc in a new gui so far. Which is not bad, its just the trend to do the gui in modern appz so they all look similar.

The radial interface would be 3dc specific to separate it from a ps clone. More of eyecandy though.

Don't get me wrong, but are you trying to achieve lightwave feel with that pile of words on the left?

I don't like any of the logos you did, but only one, the 3DC logo, just with three characters. But still, is missing something.

However, I'm still not quite sure about the Lime green on the logo. I would go with an Orange color.

Let me see if I can find some time and do 1 or 2 logos for 3dc.

• Advanced Member
There are many ps users who would like to do 3D. Matt painters, character illustrators who are featured in cgtalk Expose use zbrush.

And anyway your mock up looks very photoshop with 3dc tools placed in there. Looks different than shadows or andrew but still photoshopy. I dont see any 3D specialization in all the mock ups. They're all basically putting the tools of 3dc in a new gui so far. Which is not bad, its just the trend to do the gui in modern appz so they all look similar.

The radial interface would be 3dc specific to separate it from a ps clone. More of eyecandy though.

I think your missing my point about the Photoshop user and my mock doesn't look like Photoshop, its more Modo inspired ;) i don't have brush/layer preview, i don't have alot of stuff on top like shadow or Photoshop(actually in this current one i'm working on the sliders have been removed) and yes the idea is to take the current 3DCoat function, rework it for the docking,and other small things . I will add a quick access radial menu also but not the way Shadow is doing it(umm its too unprofessional looking). BTW radial interface is not unique to 3DC, they are in Maya, Modo, a old school SNES game(can anyone guess? its by SquareSoft).

@CGI, make some for 3DC and 3D Coat! also check out Shadow's mock up in the Russian part of this forum. Tell me which mock up looks more Photoshop, Shadows or mines? lol I beat you would say Shadow's.

It's only 7:51 PM and i just got back from a roadtrip.I will update later tonight.

Thank you geothefaust.

Okay, erasing all the images from my mind and start from Shadow then Sonk

Here's what I think after viewing all Shadows and Sonk mokups.

Both are good however Shadow's feel is going towards Max 2010. The icons need color to be identified easily.

The TABS need more spacing. Don't squeeze the tabs, there's plenty of space to spread out Shadow.

http://funkyimg.com/u2/784/743/Interface_Diz_04.jpg

The sliders can be added under each function list shown on the right.

Soft Stroke

Falloff

Smoothing...

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090301/ixJr298nY5.jpg

Andrew

Don't you even dare to think in going like Lightwave look style please. Erase that from your mind.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?act...ost&id=3019

Sonk

Yours the best so far as includes everything I mentioned above, except for the TABs. They need to be bigger and more obvious and space out.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?act...ost&id=3012

Guys, keep the good work. I wish I had the time to create mok ups too.

Ohh I love that Pie of Shadows. Sweet.

• Advanced Member
Sonk, sorry can you tell me/ give me the link, of which one is the shadows and which one is your updated version?

I like your idea about Ctrl click over a tool to get info, however in 3DC if you just hover your mouse over a tool you do get some basic info. So the question is how depth is the info in Zbrush?

Thank you geothefaust.

Okay, erasing all the images from my mind and start from Shadow then Sonk

Here's what I think after viewing all Shadows and Sonk mokups.

Both are good however Shadow's feel is going towards Max 2010. The icons need color to be identified easily.

The TABS need more spacing. Don't squeeze the tabs, there's plenty of space to spread out Shadow.

http://funkyimg.com/u2/784/743/Interface_Diz_04.jpg

The sliders can be added under each function list shown on the right.

Soft Stroke

Falloff

Smoothing...

Andrew

Don't you even dare to think in going like Lightwave look style please. Erase that from your mind.

Sonk

Yours the best so far as includes everything I mentioned above, except for the TABs. They need to be bigger and more obvious and space out.

Guys, keep the good work. I wish I had the time to create mok ups too.

Ohh I love that Pie of Shadows. Sweet.

lol The bold part i agree with 110%, LW interface is from the Amiga days, even LW Core is getting a tweaked version of its GUI(looks better now). I agree tabs do need space and need to be of a current size. The spacing between the panels on the right side are Andrew's i'm gonna increase the space abit with future update and i think i will make the tabs in the 3D viewport bigger this make sense because they are used to switch modes. I also like Shadow's pie menu that came with the LW mock-up but not his current pie menu with the Photoshop(Max 2010 as you put it) mock up. You should that pie menu out...argh.

Here is a small update for David Walters who gave me some ideas. Didn't have time to do scene management, render setting, camera setting but will get to that next.

1. Added 2D paint tab

2. New numeric input field with bevel corners(much easier on the eyes) on the panels to the right.

3. Layer blending mode pull-down menu has bevel corners, easier on the eyes.

4. Tool tip at the bottom of the 3D viewport.

5. Top sliders have been move to the brush setting options. Gave me more room to work with.

6. Remove the space on between the panels. Gave me more room to work with.

post-564-1240377333_thumb.jpg

I like your idea about Ctrl click over a tool to get info, however in 3DC if you just hover your mouse over a tool you do get some basic info. So the question is how depth is the info in Zbrush?

lol The bold part i agree with 110%, LW interface is from the Amiga days, even LW Core is getting a tweaked version of its GUI(looks better now). I agree tabs do need space and need to be of a current size. The spacing between the panels on the right side are Andrew's i'm gonna increase the space abit with future update and i think i will make the tabs in the 3D viewport bigger this make sense because they are used to switch modes. I also like Shadow's pie menu that came with the LW mock-up but not his current pie menu with the Photoshop(Max 2010 as you put it) mock up. You should that pie menu out...argh.

Here is a small update for David Walters who gave me some ideas. Didn't have time to do scene management, render setting, camera setting but will get to that next.

1. Added 2D paint tab

2. New numeric input field with bevel corners(much easier on the eyes) on the panels to the right.

3. Layer blending mode pull-down menu has bevel corners, easier on the eyes.

4. Tool tip at the bottom of the 3D viewport.

5. Top sliders have been move to the brush setting options. Gave me more room to work with.

I think that is about time for Andrew to decide which one to go and from the chosen one, continue to make small improvements and start with the implementation. I hope that Andrew is reading this post.

Both Sonk and Shadow should be credited big time for this awesome work as both have contributed greatly on the UI development. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone else.

And what about the rest of us??? Give us a discount and I will call that even! ;)

However, there are some changes that still needs work, and those are always those small details.

Well I was born to look at those little details and I'm a perfectionist.

YOU GUYS FORGET THAT LITTLE DETAILS COUNT THE MOST AND CAN HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT TO THE USER !!!

:P

Be Right Back with a screen shot.

Okay, back...

Don't ask what program I used to create the arrows, cause it's very embarrassing LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Anyway...

11sf4fn.jpg

The arrows are pointing to the icons. They need to be sharpen or adjusted with Contrast / brightness in Photoshop to make them more alive. It's too "dead" the green

The Tab COLOR needs to be darken a bit more. So imagine that you have another TAB besides Color, then the chosen TAB needs to be easily identified by

having a different or darker background color ON the tab only.

Notice the slider bar, I added a color square to easily spot where's the dragger square, those small little things but that makes a huge difference.

Sonk, Shadow's pie is awesome hehe I personally like it very much and it really helps with the accessibility. It's like working in Zbrush and i4 tablet.

Of course the look and feel can be improved no doubt.

And honestely I like the navigation CUBE that was in the corner from Shadow's interface. Never the less, Andrew can think of a setting that allow users to turn it off if anyone doesn't want to see the navigation cube, but make sure to give this option at least. On / Off

http://funkyimg.com/viewer.php?img=/2/784/...face_Diz_04.jpg

Another point, don't forget to make the FONT SIZE consistent towards the entire app ! That is really important!!!

Conclusion:

1. Tabs colors need to be recognizable so user knows in which TAB he/she is on.

2. Consistency towards the whole app with the type face and font.

3. Icons needs to be sharpen, more contrast.

4. Shadow's pie needs a bit of work. The color picker at the center can be a whole range of RGB color picker, once clicked on it, the small popup color picker shows up, something like that.

5. Navigation Cube with on / off button in the configuration or preferences window.

So far that's it. Keep the good work guys.

• Advanced Member
I think your missing my point about the Photoshop user and my mock doesn't look like Photoshop, its more Modo inspired ;) i don't have brush/layer preview, i don't have alot of stuff on top like shadow or Photoshop(actually in this current one i'm working on the sliders have been removed) and yes the idea is to take the current 3DCoat function, rework it for the docking,and other small things . I will add a quick access radial menu also but not the way Shadow is doing it(umm its too unprofessional looking). BTW radial interface is not unique to 3DC, they are in Maya, Modo, a old school SNES game(can anyone guess? its by SquareSoft).

I think you missed my post about your mock up looking like modo. And I mentioned maya's hotbox over a month ago that it is cool but most definitely patented. Its just more eyecandy imho like max viewport orbit.

In any case I like both gui so far. Its very standard to modern gui which is a good thing.

What is needed for 3dc is to be powerful then the veteran zbrush, mudbox users would take a look. No amount of eyecandy would draw them to less powerful tools. We need their talent. The weta people, ilm, etc

Your talking about secret of mana. My friend works at squaresoft japan. :P

I miss the "3D element" in your logo design. Why don't you combine the very nice 3D ball of the current 3D Coat logo with your ideas? I don't like the splat icon in your design.

Thank you for the work, but i still think the current 3D caot logo is very good. I mean the one in the top of the forum and the installer. Why create a new one?

Be creative

Chris

but i still think the current 3D caot logo is very good. I mean the one in the top of the forum and the installer. Why create a new one?

Be creative

Chris

To be creative as you say in your signature.

Besides, it looks good but it's about time for a real professional logo look.

3dc with the ball melting or a coat on top looks nice when it first came out and I believe it was done without much of a thinking. (No Offense)

New age, new interface, you and everybody needs to understand that 3DC is already competing with the big toys and I truly believe that 3DC needs to revamp its logo to a professional one. It looks amateur at the moment and it doesn't suit its market image.

It's too long and it needs improvement or at least shorten by 1/3 of its current size as the one shown above.

Also, if you do a basic research, you will notice that Max / Maya / XSI / Modo / Silo / Mudbox / Zbrush.....you name it...... all their logos share the same point, they are short , square style.

Yes, we should be creative, but why not embrace a principal that was proven it works.

Honestly I would change the whole logo and its color entirely. I also think that the word "3D" can be totally omitted.

If I have some time, I'll make some logos. Just not sure if Andrew is interest to have a new logo or not.

I've got to agree with CGicore on the logo. While I do like the current one as it's grown on me... It is time for a very professional looking, professionally designed logo. Time to ramp it up. I've no doubt you'll attract more users with a bit more pizazz, attention and polish to the logo and interface.

• Advanced Member

To be honest, the logo is really not a big priority right now, nor does it have much to do with the interface.

Perhaps you guys that are passionate about it can start another thread along with your ideas regarding the logo

and the necessary changes/directions it needs.

I'd be much more interested to see that Andrew's got the level of customizability integrated such that the user can move/arrange

palettes/panels to their own liking, along with some form of user-based 'shelf' or 'pop-up' panel that can hold a user's favorite

tools to help speed the workflow....nit-picking pixels and colors will be a moot point if the user can edit the interface to their relative

heart's content. If people are 'happy but split' with either Shadow's or SonK's mock-ups, this kind of user-customization capability will

allow them to create either interface.

Bottom-line for me (at least): as long as the interface isn't getting in it's own way (as it was starting to with all of the new

alpha features) the artwork I can turn out with 3DC will far out-resonate any niggles I may have with how saturated the icons or

panel tabs are in the interface itself (or any other little 'perfectionist' faux pas issues that may be present).

• Advanced Member
I mentioned maya's hotbox over a month ago that it is cool but most definitely patented. Its just more eyecandy imho like max viewport orbit.

In any case I like both gui so far. Its very standard to modern gui which is a good thing.

What is needed for 3dc is to be powerful then the veteran zbrush, mudbox users would take a look. No amount of eyecandy would draw them to less powerful tools. We need their talent. The weta people, ilm, etc

Your talking about secret of mana. My friend works at squaresoft japan. :P

Oh yeah i've used many many 3D application since i started messing around 3DCG 7 years ago( i still love Mirai) , so yeah i know the hotbox is patented. Secret of Mana was one of my favorite SNES game and if you seen the radial menu in action you'll get where i am going with my radial menu mock up. That's awesome that you have a friend in SquareEnix! do you think you can get design drawings of the main character sword from FFXIII Versus? i would love to model that sword but there aren't any detail designs of it online.

I think that is about time for Andrew to decide which one to go and from the chosen one.

The Tab COLOR needs to be darken a bit more. So imagine that you have another TAB besides Color, then the chosen TAB needs to be easily identified by

having a different or darker background color ON the tab only.

So far that's it. Keep the good work guys.

No fair, Shadow's way ahead with his mock-up i still haven't had time tonight to work on the render setting, object management,camera setting. I think the small things(icon,text,slider design,color,etc) should wait until i get the foundation stuff mock up. If you have some ideas on new icons, feel free to make some that are green :D

Anyway, your tab suggestion make perfect sense and i implemented them(check the attached picture). Okie gotta start on the stuff i mention on the top. and this is still stuff related to Direct Paint, gotta make a mock- up for the other modes too :o

PS> no green slider.. :P they stick out too much.

I'd be much more interested to see that Andrew's got the level of customizability integrated such that the user can move/arrange

palettes/panels to their own liking, along with some form of user-based 'shelf' or 'pop-up' panel that can hold a user's favorite

tools to help speed the workflow....nit-picking pixels and colors will be a moot point if the user can edit the interface to their relative

heart's content. If people are 'happy but split' with either Shadow's or SonK's mock-ups, this kind of user-customization capability will

allow them to create either interface.

Personally im not a fan of the 3DC logo, so i would to see someone who's passionate about logo design tackle it, be it in this thread or another. I totally agree about the customization and i kind of design my mock-up in a way that was module so you can create your own custom layout ala Modo/Blender. You can pretty much start with a blank GUI and add dividers both horizontally or vertical, then you can populate those area with anything you want:

http://www.luxology.com/whatismodo/ergonomics.aspx

The video you want to watch is "Rearranging Viewports on the Fly" I have to admit though GUI coding something like that takes ALOT of work but its very rewarding for the end user. However Andrew still would have to decide on which GUI blocks to use mines or Shadow's(style has to remain consistent).

One last thing about GUI vs. Functionality/tools. Most of the functional for 3.0 has been pretty much implemented but it lacks a GUI that can present it in a nice way. A good GUI should should also account for future growth of functionality/tools..for that to happen in my opinion you need the GUI to be design properly, not just tack on LW buttons.

post-564-1240387028_thumb.jpg

No fair, Shadow's way ahead with this mock-up i still haven't had time tonight to work on the render setting, object management,camera setting. I think the small things(icon,text,slider design,color,etc) should wait until i get the foundation stuff mock up. If you have some ideas on new icons, feel free to make some that are green :D

Anyway, your tab suggestion make perfect sense and i implemented them. Okie gotta start on the stuff i mention on the top. and this is still stuff related to Direct Paint, gotta make a mock up for the other modes too :D

PS> not green slider.. :P they stick out too much.

I'm going to make them ORANGE ! :P Naahh, I really wish I had the time, but I need to set my priorities first. STILL have a pile of paper work to do... you know. 2 more months and I'm DONE !!!!!!!!! hehe

Besides the sliders dragging button need some color or at least a darker color comparing with the background.

Now is melted with the background color and is not friendly at all. Make it darker fella.

• Advanced Member

Cool its kinda like the way 3D present its information when you mouse over a tool. Can you take a screenshoot of a brush tool or something that has alot of key combos(CTRL+ LMB, ALT+LMB,etc)?

About the slider box, most slider in mainstream 3D application are pretty much neutral even in Mudbox they are pretty much a single color and i being blind as a bat manage to hit them everytime.

Also we have too many tabs, things like Blending, Pen Option can be throw away for something more global, something more generic that can display anything from camera options, mesh property, shader property,layer property,etc. We need a "Property" tab , this is common in most 3D app, even in Mudbox. We also need a way to view the entire scene(meshes,UVs,camera,lights,shader,etc). We need a Scene graph of some sort, probably a tree view, again every 3D app has something like this. Having those 2(Property and Scene List) will make life easier for the users.