3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat applink to blender

lemsway

HI Good day, i would like to ask an issue..about Blender to 3D coat Applink.. my workflow is. i usually create poly models in Shapr3D/Blender and others..then for PBR texture i run to 3D coat. but currently applink is giving me uncoordinated textures. please advice on what im missing or proper workflow. im attaching a screenshots. thanks and looking forward on this issue.

08152020_4.png

08152020_5.png

08152020_6.jpg

• Applink Developer

the error you got in the video.

Can you check this location from your computer:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\

is there data.json file in that folder?

Edited by haikalle

7 minutes ago, haikalle said:

the error you got in the video.

Can you check this location from your computer:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\

is there data.json file in that folder?

its not there..the whole IO_coat3D?...

• Applink Developer

it's odd cause. if you are running blender.exe from that location and you don't see io_coat3D folder, then it should mean that you dont see 3d-coat applink addon in your blender. but it seams that you can see it even the folder is not there what makes this very odd :)

HI Haikalle, i did the other way around...i put in the io_coat3D in the blender folder..its no longer searching for the .Json. but the texture are still jumble up. :(

do you really recommend reinstalling a new Blender? im running the v2 83.0. thanks again

image.thumb.png.fc5086c8e60df2c5bcabd8cecdca5e7c.pngimage.thumb.png.52968247cf2a61f7ec4bed0465c9c585.png

4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

i dont understand :( regarding UV's 

i tested my old files works before but now the texture is jumbled...

4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

is your uv maps correct in range 0-1

Edited by lemsway

12 hours ago, lemsway said:

HI i un install blender and install again...updated 3d coat and blender version and install the IOzip...

i tested it send to 3dcoat but when i hit the "getback" button ti gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 339, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1353, in workflow1
    blender_3DC_blender(texturelist)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1127, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist, is_new)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 697, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti,mat_list,texturelist,is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 300, in readtexturefolder
    createnodes(index_mat, texcoat, create_group_node, objekti, ind, is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 441, in createnodes
    with open(json_address, encoding='utf-8') as data_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.83\\2.83\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\data.json'

15 hours ago, lemsway said:

HI this is an old file that i textured using the applink. now i dont work anymore. putting here the error message from blender

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 579, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 661, in execute
    objekti.data.materials.append(newmat)
AttributeError: 'AreaLight' object has no attribute 'materials'

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

08162020.thumb.png.59dbc19dbb37e97b76fe2a3015a30911.png

08162020.thumb.png.5b7e1069f1cccc1611c670db9f928941.png

Edited by lemsway

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat applink to blender