3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat applink to blender

lemsway

• Applink Developer

It seams that you have installed one applink version and it will conflict now with the one that comes with blender. Try to remove these addons and then replace zip file with /program files/blender fou.../.../addons/io_coat3d/

18 hours ago, lemsway said:

so i deleted the "IO" in the program files..did a test..but when i press the "getback" this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 339, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1356, in workflow1
    blender_3DC_blender(texturelist)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1130, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist, is_new)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 697, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti,mat_list,texturelist,is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 300, in readtexturefolder
    createnodes(index_mat, texcoat, create_group_node, objekti, ind, is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 441, in createnodes
    with open(json_address, encoding='utf-8') as data_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.83\\2.83\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\data.json'

• Applink Developer

Its again that data.json error. Can you check if there is data.json file in C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.83\\2.83\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\data.js

Edited by haikalle

• Reputable Contributor
On 8/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, lemsway said:

ok, but how come my other models..which i worked using 3Dcoat applink before..is not working now? other than this ship..i sent other samples. thanks for being patience.

When I have trouble getting the applink to work, the first thing I do is delete or move the BLENDER folder from MYDOCS/APPLINKS/3D-COAT/EXCHANGE. Then,  export something from Blender to 3DCoat, to re-establish a connection.

16 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

When I have trouble getting the applink to work, the first thing I do is delete or move the BLENDER folder from MYDOCS/APPLINKS/3D-COAT/EXCHANGE. Then,  export something from Blender to 3DCoat, to re-establish a connection.

thanks will try this.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat applink to blender
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Same issue here. After installing Blender 2.90 I had the same problem. I removed the addon that came with Blender with the one above. Also, tried what Carlosan suggested, no luck.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 579, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 613, in execute
    coat3D.exchangedir = set_exchange_folder()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 137, in set_exchange_folder
    if(source != coat3D.exchangedir and coat3D.exchangedir != '' and coat3D.exchangedir.rfind('Exchange') >= 0):
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'source' referenced before assignment

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

Thank you for your support!

Edit: If it helps, I also have Hops and Boxcutter installed, just like Lemsway has. Just saying....

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat applink to blender
  • 1 year later...