3DCoat Forums
lemsway

[Solved] 3DCoat applink to blender

12 hours ago, lemsway said:

HI i un install blender and install again...updated 3d coat and blender version and install the IOzip...

i tested it send to 3dcoat but when i hit the "getback" button ti gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 339, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1353, in workflow1
    blender_3DC_blender(texturelist)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1127, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist, is_new)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 697, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti,mat_list,texturelist,is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 300, in readtexturefolder
    createnodes(index_mat, texcoat, create_group_node, objekti, ind, is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 441, in createnodes
    with open(json_address, encoding='utf-8') as data_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.83\\2.83\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\data.json'

15 hours ago, lemsway said:

HI this is an old file that i textured using the applink. now i dont work anymore. putting here the error message from blender

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 579, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 661, in execute
    objekti.data.materials.append(newmat)
AttributeError: 'AreaLight' object has no attribute 'materials'

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

08162020.thumb.png.59dbc19dbb37e97b76fe2a3015a30911.png

08162020.thumb.png.5b7e1069f1cccc1611c670db9f928941.png

Edited by lemsway

You have selected light. Applinks wants only meshes. I will update the script that it will ignore all other selected types except meshes.

That other error is again saying that data.json file is not found in io_coat3D folder and this puzzles me cause it should be there automaticly.

17 hours ago, lemsway said:

hi thanks again...now i got this message..which 1 i delete? thanks

image.thumb.png.760fc296763111fa15289c185abbe257.png

Edited by lemsway

It seams that you have installed one applink version and it will conflict now with the one that comes with blender. Try to remove these addons and then replace zip file with /program files/blender fou.../.../addons/io_coat3d/

When I send these zip files its better to replace blenders default addon with them. Using 'install external addon' is not good option in this case.

Edited by haikalle

18 hours ago, lemsway said:

so i deleted the "IO" in the program files..did a test..but when i press the "getback" this error:

File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 339, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1356, in workflow1
    blender_3DC_blender(texturelist)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1130, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist, is_new)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 697, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti,mat_list,texturelist,is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 300, in readtexturefolder
    createnodes(index_mat, texcoat, create_group_node, objekti, ind, is_new, udim_textures)
  File "C:\Users\I9-9900K\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 441, in createnodes
    with open(json_address, encoding='utf-8') as data_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.83\\2.83\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\data.json'

Its again that data.json error. Can you check if there is data.json file in C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.83\\2.83\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\data.js

Edited by haikalle

18 hours ago, lemsway said:

hi initially thers no "IO folder" i decided to make a copy of what you sent me..the "Getback button" works..but still the textures is jumbled up.

the other screenshot is i believe the duplicate copy.

image.thumb.png.b04573bd3eac523a518f6118510b2e81.png

image.thumb.png.6fd8114a803fc2e0f096a60f921a60af.png

Could you send me a file to test out? You can send private message if you dont want to share it with every one.

Edited by haikalle

On 8/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, lemsway said:

ok, but how come my other models..which i worked using 3Dcoat applink before..is not working now? other than this ship..i sent other samples. thanks for being patience.

When I have trouble getting the applink to work, the first thing I do is delete or move the BLENDER folder from MYDOCS/APPLINKS/3D-COAT/EXCHANGE. Then,  export something from Blender to 3DCoat, to re-establish a connection.

16 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

When I have trouble getting the applink to work, the first thing I do is delete or move the BLENDER folder from MYDOCS/APPLINKS/3D-COAT/EXCHANGE. Then,  export something from Blender to 3DCoat, to re-establish a connection.

thanks will try this.

Hello guys,

Same issue here. After installing Blender 2.90 I had the same problem. I removed the addon that came with Blender with the one above. Also, tried what Carlosan suggested, no luck.

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 579, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 613, in execute
    coat3D.exchangedir = set_exchange_folder()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 137, in set_exchange_folder
    if(source != coat3D.exchangedir and coat3D.exchangedir != '' and coat3D.exchangedir.rfind('Exchange') >= 0):
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'source' referenced before assignment

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

Thank you for your support!

Edit: If it helps, I also have Hops and Boxcutter installed, just like Lemsway has. Just saying....