3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2021 Coming Soon & Special Offers

Carlosan

Noone will take away the current licenses from people - the 3DCoat V4 licenses will remain perpetual, i.e. still valid and usable after the launch of 3DCoat 2021. So, no need to panic in that regard)

Sincerely,

Oleg
3DCoat Team
https://3dcoat.com/

• Like 1

3DCoat 2021 Coming Soon & Special Offers

As you may know, earlier this year we announced a new 3DCoat 2020 coming soon. Since then we’ve been working hard to prepare the release. We do not have a confirmed date just yet, however we are happy to announce the new 3DCoat will ship within Q4 this year as 3DCoat 2021!

Multiple new tools and features are coming to 3DCoat 2021, some of which have already been disclosed, while some are still under our development roof, including the new user interface and more. On top of that, we will launch a whole new website, all-to-make your experience with 3DCoat modern, fresh and enjoyable.

There are some other important changes coming with 3DCoat 2021, and we would like to highlight some of those today.

First off, our licensing policies will be modified. The principle of the never-expiring permanent licenses will remain unchanged, however new types of licenses will be introduced:

• With the launch of 3DCoat 2021 the Amateur and Professional licenses will no longer be available.
  • We will lift all the technical and commercial use restrictions (such as with the Amateur license now), as well as remove the platform dependency.
  • Therefore, we will introduce completely new type of licenses, and namely: Individual and Company (the latter as node-locked and Floating) ones.
  • The Individual license is designed for personal use, such as with solo artists working on their own project, hobbysts and freelancers, commercial use allowed.
  • The Company type license is designed for use within organizations, commercial companies, studios etc.
  • Student and University licenses of 3DCoat 2021 will be introduced too.

Secondly, a note regarding the pricing policies. Those are still being defined, but on a general note, the licenses pricing will slightly increase. 

• The upgrade from the current V4 or earlier license to 3DCoat 2021 will be a paid one. We plan to offer upgrade discounts, depending on the time of your license purchase.
  • Given no technical and commercial restrictions, the price of the 3DCoat 2021 Individual license will be slightly higher than that of the current V4 Professional license.
  • 3DCoat 2021 Individual and 3DCoat 2021 Company will have not only the one-time purchase option, but also Monthly and Quarterly subscription as well as Rent-for-1-year options.

Finally, our Special Offers as of today.

• All the 3DCoat Professional type licenses purchased by individuals from August 1, 2020 until the release of 3DCoat 2021 will get a Free Upgrade to 3DCoat 2021 Individual (free if you buy for your personal use, no technical and commercial use restrictions).
  • All the 3DCoat Professional type licenses purchased by companies from August 1, 2020 until the release of 3DCoat 2021 will get a 50% discounted Upgrade rate to 3DCoat 2021 Company (if you buy for company use).
  • All the 3DCoat Amateur type licenses purchased from August 1, 2020 until the release of 3DCoat 2021 will get a Discounted Upgrade rate to 3DCoat 2021 Individual license.

Please, expect to hear more news on 3DCoat 2021 soon!

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

It would be nice to know what the exact price would be for those who already own C3D 4.x so we could at least start putting aside some pennies. Not all of us are professional artists. Some maybe like me, a hobbyist who is retired and on a small pension.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I find it troubling that the upgrade price for long standing users has not been disclosed yet the price has been for new customers.

In most business models customers with a long relationship are held in a more favorable light then new customers. Now I understand fully why they would be given a more generous discount, and that is not my point of contention. I really do not appreciate NOT knowing what the upgrade price will be for customers who have been using this wonderful app for a long time. 

Why the secrecy on the upgrade price?

• Advanced Member

Sorry but I have NO contempt. Just curious as I would like to start budgeting. 

Not sure WHY I have to send a private e-mail when I'm sure there are many other 3DC users who would like to know the upgrade price.

This secrecy bothers me greatly. Suggesting a private e-mail to obtain the upgrade price opens up speculation (which is probably unfounded) that there maybe different upgrade prices for each user.

• Advanced Member

Sorry, that's a not an acceptable excuse. I would like to start working on putting aside some money for the upgrade.

Poor planning on 3DCoat's part is not an acceptable answer to a loyal customer who is now on a reduced income because of retirement.

Sorry if I appear to be argumentative or confrontational. That is not my intention. 

• Thanks 2

On 11/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, kenmo said:

Sorry, that's a not an acceptable excuse. I would like to start working on putting aside some money for the upgrade.

Poor planning on 3DCoat's part is not an acceptable answer to a loyal customer who is now on a reduced income because of retirement.

Sorry if I appear to be argumentative or confrontational. That is not my intention. 

Apologies for no specific information provided officially yet. We're planning to announce all the details on the new 3DCoat's website within the next few weeks. 

Regarding the upgrade pricing question, if you own a 3DCoat V4 Professional license purchased more than a year ago, your upgrade to 3DCoat Individual is expected to cost no more than 89 euros. 

Please, let us know if we could help with any other info at this point.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

89 Euros is equivalent to about $106 USA or in my case $138 Canadian...Which seems to be more then fair and a bargain. 

Many thanks.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I do not deserve any thanks. The thanks goes to Andrew and the team at 3DC!!!!

3D Coat is an awesome app.

Sorry if my earlier posts seem to be rude or too aggressive, I simply wanted to put aside my pennies for the upgrade.

Cheers & many thanks...

• Contributor
8 hours ago, 3DC Support said:

Apologies for no specific information provided officially yet. We're planning to announce all the details on the new 3DCoat's website within the next few weeks. 

Regarding the upgrade pricing question, if you own a 3DCoat V4 Professional license purchased more than a year ago, your upgrade to 3DCoat Individual is expected to cost no more than 89 euros. 

Please, let us know if we could help with any other info at this point.

I've been stuck with a bug for a couple years, is essential to my workflow and likely other to have it removed. If you follow my posts you will see the time and effort gone into explaining them. I've also have  a recent conversation with Andrew in my inbox about this bug. I have many projects incompleted, hours to days of work lost once the bug (black spikes) become  visible painting displacement with smart materials, a problem I don't have in zbrush when working with displacement specifically but I need to work with photoscans.  My finances are extremely low and the bug not yet fixed and it seems Andrew states he is now more committed to 3DCoat 2021  I'm afraid to put more money in at this point and have this an ongoing issue so I hope an upgrade compromise will be offered, i'm almost ready to give up on 3DCoat but I know it amazing scenes could be created with it once the issue is resolved.

10 hours ago, Ascensi said:

I've been stuck with a bug for a couple years, is essential to my workflow and likely other to have it removed. If you follow my posts you will see the time and effort gone into explaining them. I've also have  a recent conversation with Andrew in my inbox about this bug. I have many projects incompleted, hours to days of work lost once the bug (black spikes) become  visible painting displacement with smart materials, a problem I don't have in zbrush when working with displacement specifically but I need to work with photoscans.  My finances are extremely low and the bug not yet fixed and it seems Andrew states he is now more committed to 3DCoat 2021  I'm afraid to put more money in at this point and have this an ongoing issue so I hope an upgrade compromise will be offered, i'm almost ready to give up on 3DCoat but I know it amazing scenes could be created with it once the issue is resolved.

Thanks for highlighting the issue. We've reported it to our engineers, it's on their radar, and Andrew is aware of your problem, as you mentioned. So hopefully a solution is found shortly.