3DCoat Forums

Out of memory saving obj (64gb ram)

pr1970

• Reputable Contributor

I had the same problem arise every so often. It is rare but it has happen to me too.

You could try saving the file to a different location on your hard drive. Close 3DC, Reopen 3DC, load the file and see if it works. Worth a try.

Hi,
Just tried the latest best 4.9.59 exporting an obj to another drive as suggested by digman, but still the same error with export scene , it works with some selected objects upto about 30m triangles, but when i tried selecting a few more objects at 45m then it would crash.

thanks

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry for not making myself clear. Save the 3DC scene to a different drive or location which you might have done already

There is another way still to test.

Right Click on the objects layer volume and choose "Save Volume as 3B" This will save the 61 million object as a new 3DC file.

Load that 3DC file and see if exporting is completed.

If your object has sub-tree layers then choose (Save Volume w/ Sub Tree as 3B)

volume.JPG

• 2 years later...

Hey, is there an update on this? I'm trying out 3D coat with a basic built in model multi-res'ed to 190 mil polys and it's running out of memory on export... I've got 128GB ram and it's stopping at 40GB.