3DCoat Forums

(BUG) Transform Tool + Pick by Click V 4.9.57

Mack

• Advanced Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm having an issue where I choose an Object and the Transform tools snaps to another object. Sometimes I have to pick the same object several times before the Transform tool stays put.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Mack

• Reputable Contributor

I be happy to look at the file if you can share it plus give a little more details in the pm about which object etc etc. I can test to see if I can confirm it as a bug.

Pm me a link.

I've not experienced that problem.  There have been times where the gizmo is not on the object but to center mass in the transform tool fixes that. 

The pose tool will transform separate objects on the same layer independently using "Select Object" mode in the drop down list.

Your problem is hard to figure out except by having the file itself or a video. 

I know you a experienced 3DC user. I enjoy your artwork posted here!

All the above I think you know already but information here helps users who may not.

Windows version 4.9.59 Beta. 

• Reputable Contributor

I did some testing: Of course it is only limited. 

Tested Transform tool only

The problem could reside in Pick by Click when selected in the top tool bar when the transform tool is active.

I noticed that on flatter geometric type of objects when trying to select a object on a different layer to transform that the yellow cursor disappears at times over that object. I can not pick by click then.  Now  if I can find an angle on the object on the different layer where the cursor appears again, then pick by click works. 

Say you have 5 layers. You are on the top layer, Pick by Click should auto transfer to the layer object you select with pick by click. That is the normal way the the tool functions.

I tested more rounded organic objects and did not seem to have any problems with Pick by Click. The yellow brush cursor would not disappear. 

I would call the disappearing cursor a bug even if that is not your problem. The cursor should not disappear on the object in another layer whatever it's shape is when using Pick by Click.

Edited by digman
Corrections, added information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to (BUG) Transform Tool + Pick by Click V 4.9.57