3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Artifact on some faces when importing an object

Hmm, i guess i ve figure it out. Is because the UV map, not being correctly done (i ve made a simple extrusion in Blender)and  it creates this issue( maybe is not an issue actually, maybe is  a feature, pls correct me if i m wrong).

I m totally newbie on this software, so pls forgive me if i will post more questions like this in the future :rolleyes:

Just a side note: 

-any ideea when the new 3dc final version  will be released?

-some good tutorials ? i ve tried ones from the official website, but i guess such a great software would gain more attention if the tutorials would be made in a better way(and up to date)

Thanks!

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, alexios said:

Hmm, i guess i ve figure it out. Is because the UV map, not being correctly done (i ve made a simple extrusion in Blender)and  it creates this issue( maybe is not an issue actually, maybe is  a feature, pls correct me if i m wrong).

I m totally newbie on this software, so pls forgive me if i will post more questions like this in the future :rolleyes:

Just a side note: 

-any ideea when the new 3dc final version  will be released?

-some good tutorials ? i ve tried ones from the official website, but i guess such a great software would gain more attention if the tutorials would be made in a better way(and up to date)

Thanks!

Here few nice channels with tutorials, from official videos i want to sleep(

https://www.youtube.com/c/PolyToots/playlists
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlienMinefield/playlists
https://www.youtube.com/user/allexr82/videos

• Reputable Contributor

Self discovery of the problem as you figured it out is the best kind of learning.  You kept thinking of your problem and found the solution. 

I thought it might be an uv issue but did not want to give any information till I looked at the file. 

I looked at the fbx fiile, saw the overlapping uv issue. Did a simple auto unwrap to test for sure. Auto unwrap came out fine. Then for sure knew is was just a uv issue.

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

With UVs redone i cant replicate that issue.

Try scene attached please

artifact.zip

I ve tried yours, that is looking good. I ve found out that the issue is showing up only in the Smooth Shade mode (shortcut 5). Strange anyway.

@digman I agree, but i m not used to have such "helpers" with other software when the UV is wrong. Well, maybe  dedicated ones for unwrapping like Rizom here:

image.thumb.png.b1fd7c0e27d0d75893c1a70675a3aa2f.png

Edited by alexios

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Artifact on some faces when importing an object