3DCoat Forums

New selection sets (poligon) for paint room

tokikake

• Advanced Member

I know we have UV sets, or can divide as separate object etc, but in paint room I seems not have way to keep my selection (basically faces of poligons as group) sets with labell.

and slect each part as I like.   I hope if 3d coat offer way to keep user selection set, and can easy select from new tool window (aka "selection sets")  and save as scene.

It need to link with each mesh, so it only need to save with current scene. (when the mesh have been removed, they will be removed too)

eg you may hope to paint cloth edge only. Then I use curve tool or freeze tool etc,, but if the mesh modeled and separated clean as edge part, you may assgin edge as new selection group.

then you can easy exchange material etc, even though you remove all paint layer once.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 12/16/2020 at 1:12 AM, Carlosan said:

You need to go back to UVroom and separate polygons as retopo groups, any retopo groups is listed as new paint materials

I did not try to set retopo groups for UV room.. (Of course I do it when I transfer paint objects, to retopo room,, ) but I may try again your suggested way, thanks"

(at same time, I understand it means set each material as each different UV set, so I hope we may need new selection group for material, it not change UV set)

• 2 weeks later...