3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Missing feature

Keith1961

Hi

I have used 3d Coat for years and periodically search for a tutorial on a feature that I assumed was so obvious that it must be present in 3d Coat.  Each time I fail to find an answer and give up, but on this occasion, I thought I should ask if only to confirm my suspicion that it never existed.  Why can I either flood fill or spray paint a texture while sculpting or painting using an alpha brush? Surely if I want to paint reptile skin I should not have to dab the brush over the surface making little islands of texture with blurry areas in between?  Why can't I just sweep over the surface using pen pressure to vary the depth and size of the scales? 

I attach a picture illustrating the problem of painting with a static brush that I have taken from a tutorial by Learn3dsoftware.com.   

Capture.JPG

• Reputable Contributor

Have you tried the tapering feature.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hbiACazRg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LlGsf0Eq7I

The tapering feature works with strip brushes as well.

The tapering tool is not limited to just one control point. Add and adjust as you need them for a style of taping you need. This is shown in the video.

Spacing and falloff are both for adjusting your brush or strip brush plus rotate along brush stroke. 

I used the extrude brush in surface mode.

Picture is not for quality but a quick down and dirty example to show the start radius and end radius along the leg. Much better work can be done but I wanted to get you an answer quickly.

taper.jpg

Edited by digman
More info
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Missing feature