3DCoat Forums

Retopo Master Tool

• Applink Developer
1 hour ago, Silas Merlin said:

image.png.f722f41abb896792cc5d0aca3bdde48f.png

This tool does not appear when using the Master tool. It is needed :)

Its assigned into RMB. Is that not good shortcut?

I think i will fix that "ctrl delete all" bug. In my tests I like to use rmb and it feels natural, for me at least :)

Edited by haikalle

• Applink Developer

@gbball

Thanks for sharing this. Always nice to see others workflows. Here is my thoughts after seeing your video:

- Do we need  brush tool into CTRL. I didn't remember that you could able to move indivitual vertexs so easily. So my suggestion is this.

- Remove brush tool from CTRL and assign split rings tool from SHIFT + CTRL into CTRL. 

- That way we could add something new for CTRL + SHIFT ( Cap tool for example )

how does this change sounds like?

Edited by haikalle

• Advanced Member

That sounds interesting. 

To be honest with you I forgot that the brush tool was an option...

I think you can go deeper and play with the order of clicks...some might like the brush functionality...and I'm sure I would use it/need it in certain instances...Especially being able to smooth things out.  

Maybe you could do what you've suggested, but also remap the brush tool to RMB then hold ctrl and release RMB...while Ctrl is down, it behave as  it does now and you could press shift to smooth and use right mouse drag to adjust the size and strength.  I little more advanced, but Zbrush does this for a lot of things...It also maps all the vert movement to the same button.

• Advanced Member

That sounds interesting. 

I think you can go deeper and play with the order of clicks...some might like the brush functionality...and I'm sure I would use it/need it in certain instances...Especially being able to smooth things out.  

Maybe you could do what you've suggested, but also remap the brush tool to RMB then hold ctrl and release RMB...while Ctrl is down, it behaves as it does now and you could press shift to smooth and use right mouse drag to adjust the size and strength...so the main difference is that you'd just have to have RMB engaged first to enter brush mode by pressing CTRL.  It's a little more advanced, but Zbrush does this for a lot of things...It also keeps all the vert movement mapped to the same button.

So that way you could make CTRL + LMB do split rings, CTRL + SHIFT +LMB do a cap and even CTRL + SHIFT + RMB to refill.

Edited by gbball

• Reputable Contributor
On 10/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, gbball said:

That sounds interesting. 

Maybe you could do what you've suggested, but also remap the brush tool to RMB then hold ctrl and release RMB...while Ctrl is down, it behaves as it does now and you could press shift to smooth and use right mouse drag to adjust the size and strength...so the main difference is that you'd just have to have RMB engaged first to enter brush mode by pressing CTRL.  It's a little more advanced, but Zbrush does this for a lot of things...It also keeps all the vert movement mapped to the same button.

So that way you could make CTRL + LMB do split rings, CTRL + SHIFT +LMB do a cap and even CTRL + SHIFT + RMB to refill.

Perhaps this tool can be linked to the Tool Options panel, and let the User customize the hotkeys with the different tools they may normally use? It should have a RESET to default button, too, I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1