3DCoat Forums

Topology cleavage

ShinSega

Yeah that it’s, this is the first time I retopoed a torpedo tit character. Just wanted some recommendations on how to retopo the breasts when they are so close. Is it necessary to have proper topology in the inner cleavage. I do plan to either rig them or use a soft flesh simulator.

If they're going to be animated I'd say it is important to have correct topology. I would start with an octogon at the nipple tip, split down the middle to make 2 quads, then keep expanding rings of quads around it. As you get further out you may want to make a 4 point triangle in a couple of discreet places so your quads don't get too big.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, philnolan3d said:

If they're going to be animated I'd say it is important to have correct topology. I would start with an octogon at the nipple tip, split down the middle to make 2 quads, then keep expanding rings of quads around it. As you get further out you may want to make a 4 point triangle in a couple of discreet places so your quads don't get too big.

Thanks I will try that.  My question is about the deep cleavage area.  It's tough to get in between there to see if the topology is even.