3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Have Upgraded To Professional - Where Do I Enter New Licence Key?

Hermitcrab

Hello everyone - my first post here is a query rather than an introduction unfortunately but I'm a bit stuck.

I bought the amateur version of 3D Coat several years ago and recently decided to upgrade to the Professional version.

Unfortunately, I kept getting my Visa Debit Card rejected during the purchase attempts and my bank assured me that they were not blocking the transaction.  Twice I sent emails to 3dCoat's Sales support address without getting any reply.

Eventually I used Paypal which I had only used once before (because I'm reluctant to introduce another level of complexity to online transactions  - I may be a dinosaur in this.)

Anyway, the purchase was successful and I now have a Professional Licence Key.

Where do I enter the key for the upgrade?  All I have when I load up the program is the amateur version which now has a message telling me that my key is being used on another computer and that I must stop using it immediately.

I tried un-installing all versions of 3d Coat and installing the latest again, hoping to be prompted for a key but I just get the same message.

I've attached a partial screenshot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 21.50.28.jpg

Thank you, Carlosan for the prompt response.

I will do as you suggest but my experience with contacting Sales was to be ignored.  Twice.  I wondered at the time if there should be a hyphen in their various email addresses because I think at one time it would have been 'support@3d-coat' (I think!).

I do have a high regard for the company so my remarks are not meant to be critical.  I hope to have a long and happy friendship with the company and its users.

In the program, there is an 'uninstall licence' option in the 'help' drop-down menu.  I think it is to do with using the program on another pc.

I will have nothing to lose by trying that before contacting support and will let you know.

Thanks again for replying.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Have Upgraded To Professional - Where Do I Enter New Licence Key?

Hi, Philnolan3d,

I just popped in to thank you for your good wishes.

I had a quick glance also at your linked website and look forward to exploring it further when I get a chance.

I only practice 3d as a hobby and I use Carrara, Hexagon, Poser and Iclone.  3d Coat is a great addition to these because I try to  create my own assets.  Also I have a 'Creality Ender Pro' 3d printer which I have yet to unbox and build.  That will open up (no pun intended) another creative pursuit which is entirely new to me.

Best regards

20 hours ago, Hermitcrab said:

Also I have a 'Creality Ender Pro' 3d printer which I have yet to unbox and build.  That will open up (no pun intended) another creative pursuit which is entirely new to me.

Hi Hermitcrab, I'd love to get an Ender. I've been trying to get them to send me one to review. Haha if you didn't see my YouTube channel I have some printer reviews on there.

Http://youtube.com/philnolan3dj