3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] adding existing abr brush folders

MatCreator

• Advanced Member

i have several photoshop brush sets that ive used, imported and added into earlier versions but for some reason when i try to add an existing folder nothing loads and the folder stays blank with those few that always are there when you create a new folder.

//edit:

this method is not valid for .abr files. see below the solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open alphas popup, T key

Select the option : add existing folder

An explorer popup, you need to go insidethe  alpha brush set folder and select one alpha/pic and press open. 

3DC add all the brushes automatically.

AEF.jpg

• Advanced Member

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=deviney

these are the brushes i am trying to add. i am doing just as you say, but the brushes do not load. they are in photoshop .abr format, and i am able to use them in photoshop, so they are installed and working. after i select the brush preset, a folder is added with the name of the folder/brushes, but other than the default preloads, the folder is empty.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] adding existing abr brush folders
  • 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

those brushes didnt work =(

Ive used rons brushes in earlier versions, so if something has changed, its 3dcoat =/

should I install an earlier version to test? i know they worked, because before i submitted the original post, i had tested, but then you get that warning that youre using a bad copy/license of 3dc so i stopped investigating/experimenting.

i do appreciate your efforts.

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Still with newest version in demo/trial mode... I was really looking forward to this being fixed or addressed. Any news on this? Is it ALL .abr files, or just "some"... none of the ones I have tried have worked, but then again all of mine comes from the same guy.

*** im not trying to plug for anyone, but rons brushes are seriously badass, and i highly recommend. Thats why I miss having access to them in 3dc =(

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

After reading this article, I tried to download free abr file from several sites.
It was confirmed that some abr files were not loaded.

loaded

https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/58094-free-smoke-photoshop-brushes

not loaded
https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/57032-cracks-ps-brushes-abr

I think there is a need to solve for a smooth work linkage with Photoshop work.

Edit 1 ) Add test brush link address

Edited by Yousung
  • Thanks 1

3DCoat-2021-29 
Fri Aug 13 21:53:08 2021

- Better support of ABR brushes. Now they load correctly, at least that alphas that was reported in the forum. And you may also drop them to the viewport to install. Pay attention, zipping huge alphas may take some time, so please wait till zipping ends before exit (progress visible in the Coat's header).

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] adding existing abr brush folders
  • Advanced Member

I added the .31 version, but none of my saved .abr files worked. I've been testing the same files on my end (the brushes pointed out in the earlier post), because those were paid for and have been used in previous releases of 3d coat. I select the .abr file and wait, but nothing loads other than the usual default set of brushes.

• Advanced Member

Get this guy a raise!!!!!!! MANY thanks =)

That method also works in my 4.9.72, meaning the method of import has been wrong all along... Its not like i wasnt asking, LOL

Again, many thanks, your efforts are immensely appreciated.

• Thanks 1