3DCoat Forums

Hello Team.

I've uninstalled the previous version the way I always do when a new version releases and downloaded v4.9.67(64bit for Windows). I went through the normal install practices and have tried to launch both GL and DX versions.  As soon as I click the start link, 3DCoat fires an error message at me.

2020-12-07_8-54-06.png.8591cd1b88d953dad07f44405d693f1d.png

On clicking OK, the program continues to load the splash screen, the Enter Serial Number screen pops up then 3Dcoat closes.

34834260_UntitledProject.thumb.gif.644a85d2adba6f84f6b3d8b34fab08cf.gif

I've tried deleting the Options files, renaming the 3dCoat Documents folder and have tried deleting the Documents folder altogether.

There are a 111 "Can't Find/Can't Load" errors in the log file (attached). 

2020-12-07_9-35-35.thumb.png.3dc2431d1f842e7adba0201537e0ad49.png

This is strange behavior because this version installed fine on my other computer.

Please advise, 

Thanks and regards

Pte Jack 

Log.txt

Thanks for the suggestion Carlosan, but the same thing happens with 4.9.68 or any of the backward versions I try now. 

On launch I get this error when launching from either the DX or GL launchers. 

2020-12-14_10-25-18.png.aeb73bc77de1b8a05bd095217c43fed4.png

On clicking OK

I get to here and then program bails.

2020-12-14_10-27-54.thumb.png.ef1b31f74b8f6bc32ea97bf673a47387.png

As you can see this is 4.9.68 installed from 3d-Coat-V4_9-68-64.exe which has a digital signature of Pilgway LLC sha1 ‎Thursday, ‎December ‎3, ‎2020 11:58:05 AM downloaded from here... 

I've tried flushing the registry of any 3d-Coat related entries, uninstalled/deleted all previous versions, deleted all folders in my Documents folder and did a reinstall, but it keeps tripping on the Troubleshoot and I have no idea where the launcher is find that.  Again from this install I have 1099 lines of "Can't Load... " objects in the log.  The first being Can't load file "Xmls/Settings.Xml". Is this what is tripping the trouble shoot? If I bring the "Settings.Xml" up from a different computer (which does run 3d-Coat after install) and place it in the required folder, will that get me through that first hurdle?    

I think if I can clear that troubleshooting error, this will install and run or at least allow me to drop in my serial number..

• Reputable Contributor

This sounds like your Anti-Virus software may be flagging/blocking 3DCoat. I have had this happen in the past. Turn your AV and Firewall off while installing it and see if that helps. If it does, make sure to add the install directory of 3DCoat to your EXCEPTIONS list of both your Firewall and AV apps. It's a good practice to do this with all your frequently used apps, as well.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:04 PM, Carlosan said:

Are you installing 3DC on default location ?

If yes please contact support@3dcoat.com 

Thx

Yup. Program is installing to C:\Program Files\3DCoat-V4.9.68 (as did .67 before I tried .68) Carlosan.  

Thanks AbnRanger, I think I've tried this with Kaspersky turned off on this laptop.  I know Kaspersky didn't give me any trouble on my other machine when I installed it there. I'm not seeing anything in the A/V logs and the application has trusted status straight from Kaspersky.  But I will uninstall/reinstall and give that a shot (again??) before sending something off to support.

• Like 1