3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Blender to 3DCoat applink does not pull up the import dialog in 3DCoat.

Callak

• Advanced Member

Hi, I'm new to 3DCoat, and just discovered the applink functionality.   I set up the built in plugin in blender as instructed, however it doesn't seem to interact with 3Dcoat and give me an import dialog like the videos.  I'm using 3DCoat version 4.9.60 (consumer) downloaded from steam, and Blender 2.91.0, also downloaded from steam.  I've done a lot of watching and re-watching the lessons on using the applink, and I can't actually get the two programs to talk to each other.  Am I missing something?

• Advanced Member

I don't think I have access to that version, even downloading directly from blenders index, the highest version available there is 2.91.  Same with the steam beta opt ins.

• Advanced Member

I just tried 2.92.    Blender creates an import.txt file in the D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\3d-coat\Exchange\Blender folder I created for it, but 3d-coat doesn't seem to respond to the applink.  The 2.91 also created this file.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Blender to 3DCoat applink does not pull up the import dialog in 3DCoat.
  • Advanced Member

Well it worked once with the directory set correctly, then I decided to just try 2.91 once to see if that would work, and just like you said, it has problems, it through out a script error.   However once I went back to 2.92 to try it again, ( I canceled out of the import dialog the first time ) and 3D-coat wouldn't respond to the link anymore.  Did I mess something up by trying it with 2.91?