3DCoat Forums
Callak

[Solved] Blender to 3DCoat applink does not pull up the import dialog in 3DCoat.

Hi, I'm new to 3DCoat, and just discovered the applink functionality.   I set up the built in plugin in blender as instructed, however it doesn't seem to interact with 3Dcoat and give me an import dialog like the videos.  I'm using 3DCoat version 4.9.60 (consumer) downloaded from steam, and Blender 2.91.0, also downloaded from steam.  I've done a lot of watching and re-watching the lessons on using the applink, and I can't actually get the two programs to talk to each other.  Am I missing something?

Are you able to download blender 2.92 daily build. Applink had some issues and most of them were fixed just couple weeks ago so you need latest daily build to see the fix.

I don't think I have access to that version, even downloading directly from blenders index, the highest version available there is 2.91.  Same with the steam beta opt ins.

I just tried 2.92.    Blender creates an import.txt file in the D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\3d-coat\Exchange\Blender folder I created for it, but 3d-coat doesn't seem to respond to the applink.  The 2.91 also created this file.

Well it worked once with the directory set correctly, then I decided to just try 2.91 once to see if that would work, and just like you said, it has problems, it through out a script error.   However once I went back to 2.92 to try it again, ( I canceled out of the import dialog the first time ) and 3D-coat wouldn't respond to the link anymore.  Did I mess something up by trying it with 2.91?

Yes it breaks the applink. Find Exchange_folder.txt from your computer and delete it. Then start blender again. I agree, I need to update tutorial video cause Exchange folder can create confuse.

Just an update, I deleted Exchange_folder.txt, and now everything is working perfectly, thanks again.

• Thanks 1