3DCoat Forums

Help with pose tool, jagged extrusions

Badger

Hi, just started using 3d coat and was wondering if it was normal to have these ins and outs when pulling out geometry with the pose tool. Also sometimes the rectangle lasso for the pose tool makes a weird selection where when ignore back faces is off it doesn't line up properly with the other side and when making a selection the lassoed area enlarges from what I wanted to select. Any help with these problems would be much appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

Hi

Yes is normal when you work on voxel mode. It appears  to me that your voxel object is low resolution. You simply do not have enough voxel resolution to create clean cut. Increase the voxel resolution. Left tool panel. (Res+) or use Resample.

A voxel represents a value on a regular grid in three-dimensional space. Is a volumetric pixel.

But to have definition either the model must be huge or the grid must be very dense. That makes fine detail modeling very expensive. Projects easily weigh huge over 1M polys.
Use the voxels to sketch the general shapes, and switch to surface mode to add details. The finer details can be accomplished with LiveClay mode.

https://discord.com/channels/680168650791321648/680168650791321774/793045821137879051

Sillas Merlin said:

It seems to me that what you are trying to do for falloff should look more like this ? 

when you move the points together they should merge, but to make sure they did, you need to move the point around (to see if there are still two)
also, try right click layer > to global space before you pose ?

unknown.png?width=381&height=300