3DCoat Forums

3DC 2021 New features, Bevel, Tool Groups, switch views

Carlosan

Hi, thanks for posting this!

A few questions

• Where can I make feature requests for 2021?
    • I'd love to see some integration with 3D slicers like Cura, Simplify3D, Slic3r and Chitubox. I tried writing an applink for this, but realized I'm missing scripting APIs or AppLink features to make it work like I think it should; I feel like there is some missing workflow in general for use with 3D printing around import / export of objects.
    • I have some UI suggestions to make the curve generation less confusing, every time I wanna do shape generation with curves I feel like I need to revisit the youtube videos on it, instead I wish the dialog boxes for the curves included a helpful diagram of which curve was used for what part of shape generation, perhaps color-coded on the diagram with matching colors in the dialog boxes. It's such a powerful feature which feels harder than it needs to be to use it.
    • In general I have lots of feedback on the scripting capabilities; I feel like this is potentially a missed opportunity. I'm a skilled software developer; but found the scripting capabilities both powerful, incomplete and confusing. Heck I wrote a vulkan based 3d editor, from scratch - but I'd rather add some functionality to 3D Coat because it's so powerful, but to do that the scripting needs to be better sorted out. 
  • When will we start seeing beta drops?