3DCoat Forums

Tweak Room - Transform Rotate Scale

co3Darts

Sometimes I need to bring a model into paint just to look at it or touch up something quick.  If I bring the model in that room, and the Z up axis is wrong, it's hard to view.  Only way to rotate it about X axis back flat is in the forgotten Tweak room.  However in there, when you select all the geometry and try to rotate, It doesnt' have the numerical transform gizmo as the other rooms so you can't hit spacebar and rotate exactly 90 degrees.

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

sprayer was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

Please see video about control. You can rotate with holding ctrl to snap angle, you can enter numeric values by holding left mouse on needed gismo and hit space. also i believe there is option to rotate model at import by changing Z axis

clipboard.png.ccc7cceec2f32d692c40843bcf700a99.png

Edited by sprayer

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Tweak - Transform Rotate Scale
  • Carlosan changed the title to Tweak Room - Transform Rotate Scale
21 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Tweak Room is a legacy workspace that will probably get deprecated (removed) in 3DC 2021. Andrew has been planning on removing it for a few years, now.

Yep.  Just wish there was a way to transform something for paint room, even if before painting begins.  Only reason I've ever used Tweak room.

Edited by co3Darts

• Advanced Member

As mentioned, all request I asked about tweak room in matins (include your request) got same reply.  So at current we may better to wait how 3d coat change.. 

Actually I sometimes  use tweak room (geometry editor room) to make morph etc, or move part (in one mesh)  temporally, to paint easy.

The only clear merit is, in spite of Retopo room, we need not transfer mesh from 2 room ,with use different object. it often duplicate same mesh in paint room.

I really hope to know how 3d coat change tweak room (retopo room) with new 2021 version.  I already check youtube, then understand it enhance mach, at same time, how it work with paint room mesh. Is there option which auto exchange mesh in 2 room without user need to care difference. (room change is OK, but duplicate etc may not need when move same mesh in 2 room)

Edited by tokikake