3DCoat Forums

Multiple UV sets

tmcthree

Hey all,

I think this question has been asked before but I'm wondering if 3d-coat yet supports multiple uv sets for the same vertices?
Most software, Maya/blender/unity for example, allow you to have multiple uv sets for the each vertex on a model. This is really useful for technical artists.
When I import an fbx into 3dcoat that has multiple uv sets it seems that any uvsets which are sharing vertices with subsequent uv-sets are blank. 

For example if you load the attached file in maya or blender you can see all three uv sets. But if you load it into 3dcoat the uv-sets "ball" and "cube" are empty and only "planar" contains any UVs.

Am I doing anything wrong or is that just the way things are with 3d coat?

UVTest.fbx

• 1 year later...

Hi

Take a look here please, hope it help

image.png

When you're done and exporting, tick the box "Export UV Sets as UV Tiles", this will keep the UVset/UDIM imported tiles and the names assigned to them upon import.

So, I'd like to ask this.  Is creating new UV Sets from an existing mesh, Like the one above with the tutorial, like creating UDIM Tiles? Because it seems like 3Dcoat's way of supporting UDIMS is there but just named differently? I think that 3Dcoat should look at taking this same approach with creating sets and truly add UDIM UV support like the other apps.  especially since creating UV's in 3dCoat is so much better than the other apps (IMO).

• 1 year later...