3DCoat Forums

It would be nice if we could lock reference images in place

L'Ancien Regime

• Advanced Member

Among other improvements to the reference images.

Scaling is unweildly, counterintuitive, not precise.

It's too easy to be using a move tool for example and slip off the sculpt you're working on and inadvertantly move the reference image you're using. Very vexatious. Perhaps there's some control at present to lock it in place but if there is I can't find it.

At present, I dread using the ref image in 3D Coat, I avoid it.

jgQC9pJ.jpg

Hint; Maya does it right. Simple, straightforward, easy to scale and position, totally stable in the viewport once put in place.

Kh3w88V.jpg

Edited by L'Ancien Regime

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

Dont think you can lock the viewport window.  The way I use image planes is to select front/side/back whatever, then go to Orthographic.

Or maybe make a camera so you can return to the exact view you had.

That's a problem when every second move you make disturbs the absolute angle of front or top or whatever, even in orthographic. 

Edited by L'Ancien Regime
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

Put a request in, wherever you do that, they could sneak it in Version 2021...cant be that hard....says the the feller who litrally knows zero about programming...

I just tried signing into Trello and Mantis and it's no go  for posting anything. I can't figure that stuff out. This entire board is called Feature Requests. Why isn't enough to just mention it here without jumping through all those other hoops?

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, L'Ancien Regime said:

That's a problem when every second move you make disturbs the absolute angle of front or top or whatever, even in orthographic. 

Maybe not an ideal solution, but you could adjust your default navigation settings so that you have to press alt to tumble all the time.

• Like 1