3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Simple curvature calculation doesnt work properly anymore in latest updates

As my topic name says when i import any model in paint room, add simple details with brush like wood details, small emblems or ornament, when I calculate curvature maps it is not good anymore. In previous versions I used to duplicate curvature map and make it visible and with overlay it looked really great on edges giving me really nice effect like damadged or aged edges. Now texture is totally screwed with some nasty black areas all over model. I had to go back to some old version to get nice edges.

Sadly. I am working in 3dcoat very long now and woth every new version we get new features but old good functions one by one gets screwed. :(

I will try to make same model calculations to show you differences, how good was and how is screwed now. Probably some bug in curvature calculation.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Simple curvature calculation doesnt work properly anymore in latest updates
  • 2 months later...