3DCoat Forums

Buying an amateur licence

teao

So I'm currently considering buying an amateur licence but I want to know that if I purchase the licence can I use that licence on more than one device? For example, if I bought a new PC in the future would I have to purchase a new licence for that PC?

Assuming it's the same as the full license it can be used on multiple computers, just not at the same time. For example if I accidentally leave it open on my desktop and then try to open on my laptop it will give me an error message.

Edit: Yes, on the purchasing page says the same for amateur and pro, 1 computer.

Screenshot_20210111-114838_Firefox Beta.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, teao said:

So I'm currently considering buying an amateur licence but I want to know that if I purchase the licence can I use that licence on more than one device? For example, if I bought a new PC in the future would I have to purchase a new licence for that PC?

@teao Yes, according to our terms of use, you are allowed to run the program under the same serial key on more than 1 device, as long as you do that at alternate times, i.e. only one computer at a time. Otherwise, your serial key would get blocked. Therefore, you can easily buy and use it on one computer and then install the program on a new computer when you have it. Use Help -> Uninstall license to remove your serial key from the old install, if you no longer plan to use it there. 

On 1/11/2021 at 6:47 PM, philnolan3d said:

Assuming it's the same as the full license it can be used on multiple computers, just not at the same time. For example if I accidentally leave it open on my desktop and then try to open on my laptop it will give me an error message.

Edit: Yes, on the purchasing page says the same for amateur and pro, 1 computer.

Screenshot_20210111-114838_Firefox Beta.jpg

Note: 'Simultaneous Usage', which means only 1 computer at a time. You can install the program on more than 1 computer though.