3DCoat Forums

Unwanted camera snapping

Hey all, I can't figure this out. Relatively new user to 3DCoat, I'm working on a retopo with symmetry enabled, at seemingly random times the camera keeps snapping back to origin/ full model view. This happens too often to be ignored and it's causing me a lot of frustration. Happens after I finish a stroke or sometimes when I'm just trying to pan /rotate the camera around. I deleted the "home" keybinding for the camera (I wasn't pushing that but I thought why not), checked for any possible snapping behaviour in the camera options but I'm coming up blank. I would be eternally grateful for any help with this.

Hello

When clicking on the “Camera” drop down arrow located at the upper right side of the interface, options become available.

Further, you can also create camera position/rotation shortcuts for later use. These camera shortcuts also store any kind 2D Grid, Stamp or Stencil position/rotation/scale settings, making it easier to use and reuse tools with repeatable results when needed.

Snap.jpg

• 11 months later...

I am also having this problem with 2021.70. No matter how I orient my model, moving the mouse into the upper right quadrant of the viewport resets the model back into th HOME position. This is making retopology impossible.

example3.gif.54f66dacf826dc9a533f226d57a1c7d3.gif

To be clear, all I'm doing it dragging the viewport to orient and then moving the mouse to the upper right quadrant of the viewport.